“What a shame......”

Ranked #39 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a shame......”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Last night four of us went here for dinner after reading some great reviews, unfortunately it wasn't great!! It was freezing inside, service was average, and the food was most disappointing! I love my steak, and I ordered the 14oz Prime Rib, it was a great piece of meat and cooked very well, and had it been even remotely warm I'm sure I'd have loved it! All of our food was stone cold and bland!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Matthew W
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
I'm sorry to read about your experience, Matthew. We're known for our Prime Rib, and I'm disappointed to hear that your food was not served to you at the correct temperature. I hope you brought this up with your server, as we're always more than happy to fix any issues you have with your meal. Thank you for visiting, and I hope you'll be able to return for a much improved experience in the future!

Take care,

Englewood, Florida, United States
“Well, What happened?”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I review things that I like and dislike. We have been to Prime Time three time since our first visit. This last one on Sunday Feb 16 about 6:30 PM for my sisters birthday was almost a total failure. JoAnn served us and did a good job as usual. The problem started with the lobster tails that the cook told us that had fallen apart. He informed us of the problem and it would be another 6 to 10 minutes before they would be done. The problem was our other meals were already cooked. So ten minutes later all meals were brought to our table. The prime rib was room temperature my chopped steak was just warm. The seafood special was far from being any good. You do not hold meals so you can prepare one that failed. Sorry guys you need to get it together really no excuse for this one....

• Visited February 2014
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
I'm sorry to hear about your most recent visit, Carol. I want to assure you that this is an atypical situation, and I apologize that you had to experience it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention as it's helpful to know when speaking with the waitstaff. I hope you'll consider giving us another visit in the future, and I wish you the best!

Shoreview, Minnesota
“Luke warm steak and slow service”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Was anticipating a filet mignon. Eaten excellent seafood the past 3 weeks. Ordered a fillet mignon and it was luke warm. waitress never came by to check on us, until we were finished. told her about the meal and she checked with the chef and they were sorry!!! sorry does not win ball games!
Not a classy place for the supposedly fine steak!!

• Visited February 2014
Thanks for visiting us on your trip to Florida. I know a simple sorry doesn't make up for a less than satisfactory meal. I appreciate your business, and welcome your feedback. I'll certainly keep your comments in mind when talking with the waitstaff.

All the best,
Englewood, Florida
“Great service and great food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I caught redfish and trout and brought them in to Prime Time. They cooked them for me and offered 2 sides. It was done to perfection.

• Visited February 2014
Thanks for visiting! Looking forward to your next meal with us.

Best wishes,
Isle of Wight
“great value for money”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This US "eatery" is very good value for money with great service and quality food. The location is somewhat unusual - tucked away in the corner of a car park but the staff are welcoming.

• Visited December 2013
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so glad you're a fan of our delicious dishes and attentive service. It's always fun hearing back from our customers. We hope to see you back here in the New Year!

Cheers,