“Super friendly place with great food.”

Prime Time Steak & Spirits
Ranked #43 of 111 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Prime Time Steaks & Spirits is a classic American steakhouse in Englewood, FL. Our menu features award winning steaks,ribs,prime rib, fresh seafood, southwestern cuisine and world famous margaritas.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We always visit here when we vacation in Rotonda West - such a cool friendly place with a great sports bar feel. The atomic wings are out of this world - as are the ribs and steak, of course. The fishbowl sized margaritas are awesome too :)
The staff are super friendly and attentive, especially Veronica, who gave us a ride home one evening.
We will be back!

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Glad you always stop by when you're in Rotonda West! Great to hear you liked everything from the wings to the margaritas. It's fantastic that you enjoyed the service, too, and we'll pass along the compliment to our team. Can't wait to have you back next time you're in town!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had the typical evening conversation. What sounds good for dinner? We decided Prime Time would get the nod. We walked in and the hostess seated our party immediately. Jo Ann was our server and she was great! Very knowledgeable with a super personality. We had one prime rib, shrimp & ribs and the ground sirloin. The salads were fresh and the clam chowder was as good as it gets! We were made to feel welcome and told how much our business was appreciated. The food was great the service was great! Without a doubt we will be back!

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Your compliments have made our day, Carol! Sounds like you made some great choices from the menu, too. Jo Ann will be ecstatic to know that you enjoyed her service, as we'll certainly pass along the good news about how happy you were with your experience. Without a doubt, we're very excited to have you back for your next visit!

Until then,

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had heard both good and bad about Prime Time, but decided to give it a go. Are we glad that we did. We had a very informative server who was friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu.. My husband wanted to test them because it says you can order any size prime rib and they will cut it. Know getting beef cut to order is unusual in Southwest Florida and more places should do it. He ordered a 36 Oz and it was delicious, cooked perfectly, seasoned well, juicy and not tough. Amazing.
I ordered the fisherman's platter and boy was there plenty of food. They have a very extensive and varied menu which may scare some people off. The soup was homemade and they start you off with chips and salsa. Neat. The decor is colorful with a Florida Caribbean feel. Place was very clean. Restrooms very clean. We will be back.

Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

I can't thank you enough for this informative and thoughtful review. I'm so glad you and your husband came in to see us and that you had such a positive experience. It's great to hear that his steak was cut and cooked just the way he liked, and that you were happy with the fisherman's platter. I'm also pleased to know that your server was helpful and friendly. I'll pass along your great feedback to the staff, and we all look forward to having you in for dinner again soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Thank you to the owner for his response to a previous review. Prime Time has always been one of our favorite restaurants in the area, we did have a meal that was not up to its usual high standard. We have since been back twice and had a great meal on both occasions.

1  Thank Steve M
Mike B, Owner at Prime Time Steak & Spirits, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

You're very welcome for the response, and thanks so much for sharing this additional feedback. I really appreciate your continued support and loyalty, and I'm very happy to hear that your past two experiences have returned to the normal, high standard you were used to. We will continue to strive to make every experience excellent, and I hope to see you again very soon.

Best,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We live locally and have been to Prime Time previously and had a good meal. However we visited last night and were very disappointed. It was extremely quite so no excuse for the kitchen however the waitress took our orders, two ribs, one fish and one liver. We received our salads which were disapointing, mainly chopped lettuce with a few onion rings and little else. Our main courses arrived and there was a mistake so we received three ribs and a fish. As we did not wish one of our group to be left eating alone we decided just to accept the wrong dish and eat. The ribs were obviously reheated and covered in sauce to disguise this, the brocolli was hard and cold and the fish was so small my husband had to have something to eat when we got home.

When we got the check there was no adjustment for the wrong order nor any real understanding as to why they should have done that. We settled the bill and left and will probably not go back anytime soon! I think the restaurant is struggling but that is no excuse for bad meals and lack of customer care.

Let me begin by apologizing for the error in your service, Lynne. That is certainly not the norm for us. However, I must point out that we did offer to comp your meal and gave a 10% discount off the entire check because of the mistake. The server and the chef apologized to your party, and I am once again offering my apology for any inconvenience. I do appreciate the feedback about the salads and the broccoli, but I want to assure you that we never reheat our food — everything is made to order. I hope you'll let us try again to impress you and offer you something delicious for dinner.