“Not for younger people.”

Sun Life Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Englewood
Tampa, Florida
“Not for younger people.”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed there because it was close to beach. Mid 20's early 30's we chilled in room with no big noise and a respectful group. Next day had them storming in flipping out for what we do not understand. Pool is not heated! We stayed at the veranda inn pool is heated real friendly people and never had one problem. Trust me if you want a nice place there are allot nicer spots for the same price.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank 11b84
SunLifeBeach, Owner at Sun Life Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guests,
We are sorry that you did not enjoyed our place. We always welcome guests of all ages but we do not allow late night parties, visitors after 9 PM, or smoking in our units. Respect to other guests is our number one rule to make sure everyone is comfortable. I will not further discuss the other rules that you, and your unauthorized visitors failed to comply; but I really appreciate your post, you gave me the chance to explain future guests the type of atmosphere and reputation we intent to have at our establishment at all times. By the way, our new pool heater was installed Monday November 18th, 2013.
Thank you!!
Ana and Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newcastle, Wyoming
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Large spacious rooms with huge comfy bed, we usually have backaches for weeks after staying anywhere and from our first to last night we sleep sooo well. Having a kitchenette really saves on eating out too. Ana and Michael were always available to accommodate every need. Very clean and well kept outside also. The swimming pool right outside the doors brings together all kinds of people, enjoyed meeting others!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Westport, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed there a week. Hotel was very clean. I cannot say I have stayed any place cleaner. Bed was very comfortable. It is on a highway however you cannot hear he cars once inside your room. A short walk to the intercoastal waterway and beaches. (it toook me 15 minutes to walk to the beach). Ana and Mike were very helpful. This is a older hotel however I cannot express how clean it was. They provided coffee, sugar, towels, cloth placemats, etc, This hotel blends well with the Englewood beach life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GinaMarie63
Neath
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here in September 2013 and vowed to go back next year. Fairly new owners, young couple with family. Ana and Michael couldn't do enough for their guests. Rooms are very clean and fresh. Ana showed us all available rooms so we could choose the one we wanted. Hubby chose the nautical theme and discoverd Michael is a keen fisherman who decorated the room himself. Rooms all around the pool area, with pool towels available and also a BBQ grill, table and chairs. Even outside music if you want it. Very close to beach and Stump Pass State Park. Half hour drive to Gaspirilla, one of our favourite beaches in Florida. Love this place, will defo be back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, clean, fresh.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maureen J
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Awesome place to stay, very family oriented, clean! clean! and did I say clean!.....local family owned and operated, such a nice couple. Everything I could ask for and more. So relaxing and laid back. I will go back over and over again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy W
Alva, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a quaint, family oriented, affordable and very clean hotel! Will never stay at any other hotel in this area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I was able to choose my room and Ana & Mike were so friendly and very knowledgable of the area. They were above and beyond other hotel ever to make us comfortable. It's surely a home away from home atmosphere! Love Sun Life Beach Hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucy P
Nampa, Idaho, United States
Reviewed September 22, 2013

What an amazing place to stay. Couldn't have asked for better accommodations or friendlier management. The owners went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. I just found my home away from home in Florida. I will be back and will highly recommend Sun Life Beach Motel to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jinnampa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Inn at the Beach
Englewood Bay Motel & Apartments
Weston's WannaB Inn
Weston's WannaB Inn
#2 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Sun Life Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!