“Will never go back”
Review of Blue Lagoon - CLOSED

Blue Lagoon
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on Beautiful Coral Creek with boat access and waterfront dining in our 2700 sq ft covered and screened in patio with full bar. Entertainment every weekend inside our dining room.
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Started off bad with waiting on the hostess, then while at the bar the bartender had our drinks in hand and stopped by the mgr or owner and held a conversation. Minor stuff, no problem. So my husband and I order the ribeye and friends ordered the almond crusted grouper. Later the server comes back and says they only have one ribeye left and offered one of us the New York strip. So the only positive thing that came out of the dinner was the salad!! The celery dressing was awesome. So the food comes out and my rib eye steak was pale, it was spoiled!! My friend could smell it from where she was sitting. Never in all my years of eating out have I encountered visibly spoiled meat served?!! So the mgr/owner comes out and apologized but I was kinda surprised by their excuse saying it was the end cut? So my husband who was quite hungry said his steak was just ok, but did without his napkin because his napkin smelled like soured laundry. Our friends that had the grouper both agreed it was bland but one could barley eat it cause it was watery and had bones. Huge disappointment.

2  Thank 24pawprints

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We thought we would give this restaurant a try as we had read it was under new ownership.

First impression upon walking in was it felt a little bizarre, didn’t really feel like a restaurant, I felt like I was visiting someone’s wedding reception! There was a dance floor in the middle of the restaurant with tables surrounding. From observations, it clearly caters to a much older clientele.

The live music playing was extremely loud, so I wouldn’t recommend going on a Friday or a Saturday evening as you won’t be able to hear yourselves speak! We had read that there was outdoor dining, which we would have much preferred given the loud music, but there was no sign of this?

Our food arrived with much disappointment, the grouper was bland and watery, did not taste fresh, the vegetables that it was served with tasted like frozen veggies & the rice was just plain bland.

Two of the party left their grouper, the server seemed uninterested when she cleared our plates away and clearly saw that we had left most of it. One of our party was served a bad steak, which looked absolutely disgusting, you could smell that it was bad before even tasting it. I am appalled that the chef even allowed this to leave his/her kitchen. I can only assume that it was the owner that came over to see to our issue (he didn’t state who he was and was dressed very casually), he didn’t seem too concerned, there was no real apology or offer of complimentary drinks or desserts for all of these bad meals. We paid our bill in full, but were very unimpressed by the whole experience, as locals, we would certainly not be recommending this restaurant to anyone!

Overall, in my opinion, this is a old fashion restaurant serving below par food and charging premium prices. Don’t waste your money, If you want a premium restaurant, head over to Boca and visit the Pink Elephant or Venice Avenue where there are a multitude of good restaurants such as Blu Bistro, Cassariano, or Opus in Punta Gorda.

This was our first visit and most definitely our last!

2  Thank Mellonz
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Don't go on Friday or Saturday as the live music makes it impossible to have any conversation.

We had to go out to the varenda to eat and no AC outside.

Food is fare.

1  Thank Donlandis
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had lunch there with a group and none of us were that impressed with the food. Very ordinary, prices on the high side for what you got. The outside of the place could use some help! The entrance is very unkempt and overgrown with weeds and debris. If I didn't know it was open I would have thought it was abandoned again. Probably won't go back again.

1  Thank ctbooks
Reviewed September 27, 2013

have tried them several times and I must say I am never disappointed! Has to be one of the best steaks in the area...always perfect and always more than I can eat....... have also enjoyed the eggplant.... the creamy clam chowder is always a good choice.... beautiful decor, nice and reasonable wine list and usually some nice entertainment too! One of our favorite spots.