“Great food”

Codfather's Seafood & Grille
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We're a scratch kitchen specializing in freshly prepared and flavorful seafood, chicken, pork and beef dishes. We even make our own butter! We pride ourself on the friendly atmosphere and invite you to come, Relax & Enjoy!
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

A good place for seafood, with size able portions. We enjoyed the Saturday shrimp special and the fish and chips. Servers were friendly and helpful. If we lived closer, we would make this a regular place to visit.

3 Thank ishiwho1

“Delightful”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The experience started with a warm welcome when we arrived, even without a reservation. The staff is very outgoing and helpful, especially necessary since one of our party is a celiac. The menu has gluten-free items marked, and our server, Candy, was helpful finding answers for questions we still had. Saturday night is a shrimp special, with 1 lb of shrimper prepared in numerous ways. The two choices my wife made were delicious, and we brought home enough for another meal. My fish and chips were very good also. We plan on going back again soon.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank David B
“Excellent food and staff”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is the second time we've been here for dinner and the food continues to be excellent. The first time was back in July and we went just because the name was so different, best move we made. The owner and waitstaff are friendly, helpful and just plain fun. The fish is out of this world and the chicken parmigiana is the best I've had. We are currently part time residents in the area from New Jersey and this restaurant is a good as if not better than any up north. If you are in the area do yourself a favor and stop in.

1 Thank Reedell
Florida/Ny
“Great Birthday surprise a short distance from Home”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Went there for my birthday on a recommendation by a friend. The beer battered fish platter was delicious with the homemade fries! different beers were interesting but I stuck to water since I was driving! Specials on Wednesday nights are 2 for $20 so thats a great deal and a cheap date night.......take advantage of that! Friendly staff and since it was during the lunch shift, just a few patrons so we got to socialize with the staff a bit....reservations a must at night...

Englewood, Florida
“Destined to Be the #1 Restaurant in Englewood on Trip Advisor”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have to tell you that if anyone reviewed this place badly, it was only to keep it to themselves so it doesn't get too popular! We went here about 5 PM on a Saturday and the front parking lot was already half full. It didn't take us very long to figure out why. The restaurant is not large but the tables are situated so you don't feel like you are sharing the conversations of adjacent patrons. It is very clean, bright and colorful with paintings on the wall offered for sale by local artists. There is a small bar near the entrance where you can have a drink if you have to wait for your table (reservations recommended, especially after 6 PM and definitely "in season") but there is also a table on the porch outside as well as a few seats inside near the door. You will probably be met on arrival by one of the owners, Joe. Joe makes sure that everyone who dines here (this is not a place where you just "eat) is happy with their experience. There was sufficient waiter/waitress staff to make sure your order is properly taken and delivered to your satisfaction. We did not have to wait for anything very long but the feeling of being rushed was not simply not there. The feeling of being someplace where everyone working was engaged in their work, pleasant and involved not just with their tables but with anyone's table that needed something was a breath of fresh air in this restaurant business. This was my first time here. We started out with the homemade white Sangria and it was the best I've ever had; they also have red. For an appetizer we shared the mussels in a cream Sambucca sauce. They were great. You will notice that some items are printed inside a box on the menu and these are the House Specialties. This was deservedly one of them. The best I've ever had anywhere. The bread arrived fresh and hot with a portion of their home-made butter. Terrific for dipping in the sauce! This definitely was more than enough for two. We thought that this should be also made an entree to be served with linguine. Just a suggestion for the chef. I ordered the Saturday special of one pound of shrimp prepared from your selection of two of eight styles. I chose Tempura and Beer and Bay. This came with a salad and two sides for $22. I chose the hand cut fries and zucchini. The salad was your standard quality but I selected the blue cheese dressing because I knew they made it themselves. Loaded with pieces of blue cheese and creamy. The shrimp were cocktail sized and cooked to perfection. I would order the Tempura again but probably not the other. I was expecting a stronger "Old Bay" seasoning flavor that was not there. They were served with both cocktail and tartar sauce on the side.The fries were out of this world. A neighboring patron actually ordered them for both his sides. I guess he had been there before. I didn't think you could do anything special with fresh zuchini but I was wrong. It was sliced on the bias rather than straight slices and cooked just right. Not too crisp and not too soft. My partner ordered the Lemon Cod, without breading, which came in a small baking dish with a delightful savory sauce. It was one of the selections marked gluten free (GF) on the menu but this was not why it was ordered. It also came with the zucchini. As an alternative selction to the potato/rice selections, there was a mashed potato with blue crab meat for $4 extra. It arrived as a portion that could easily serve three in a baking dish with the delicately browned crab topping. A very creative presentation! We will have to order less next time if we want to try that dessert menu. We departed with enough leftovers for dinner the next night at home! If you don't like leftovers you may want to consider their Wednesday night special of dinner for two for $20 that issues smaller portions. Since they are also open for lunch, there is a wonderful sandwich selection on the menu. We will certainly return for that and more! There is a wonderful web site for this restaurant that was developed by a family member. It has just about everything on it that you would need to know. We mapquested the location first, having seen this place first on Trip Advisor. The directions were very confusing for the Placida Rd. address. It is located right in the Fiddler's Green shopping center on Placida Rd. Congratulations to Joe and staff for a wonderful dining experience. You should be the #1 listed restaurant in Englewood, not #5. I know you will be there when season arrives. Joe, you asked me how you get to move up from #5 to #1. You were very busy when I was leaving and I couldn't really explain. You have so many people reviewing your place on Facebook. I don't think a lot of people going out for a fabulous meal look at Facebook before they choose. They choose Trip Advisor for many good reasons. As you visit your loyal customers (and I know there are many from how you addressed people by first names and they parted with "See you next week"), let them know to review you here if they have time. You already had a Trip Advisor decal for your front door on Saturday. I gave you a second one for the other door. Perhaps patrons will be reminded to share their dining experience with others on Trip Advisor world-wide.

1 Thank Pavlonia