“Finally tried and not disappointed”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
cardiff
“Finally tried and not disappointed”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Having been visiting englewood for a few years and have always wanted to try. Finally tried and we were not disappointed. Tried one evening before they closed, the lady had obviously had a long day but was very friendly and helpful, tried a special and a meal from the freezer both were very good. Due to our late visit not much left in the way of pastries so thought we would visit early the next day. Arrived 5 mins after opening to find the place full of people. Another good sign customers recommending meals to try. Will be back in a few days to try the chicken pot pie which a few people said was very good.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank pandjcardiff

Cape Haze, Florida, United States
“Great idea!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We ordered two dinners from here tonight and it was great home cooking. Great value too! Can't beat the price for good food. Had the meatloaf and ribs and we shared. Thank you Donnas!

2 Thank Katie M
Southwest Florida
“Just good home cooking”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Donna's Naked Food is just a little place to get takeout comfort food. They have freezers full of your favorites and 6-8 freshly made specials and soups to take home right now. We love the food from here. And I always buy a couple of soups for my freezer. The Pastry are really good too and there is always a number of side dishes that are fresh and ready for you to take home as well. The items are so resonablely priced, I feel guilty. This is just what I want on a cloudy day, or if I have a bug. Always a hit with my husband too.

• Visited July 2014
Englewood, Florida
“Tasty Homecooking by Donna - Excellent Stuffed Peppers Best I've Had Ever & Baked Yummy Baked Goods”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I've made Stuffed Peppers a few times and Donna's sure beats mine any day. Very well seasoned to perfection and homemade sauce on top. The baked breads looked so fresh and I would have loved to devour every loaf along with a stick of butter sitting on the table next to me :) We eat at many different restaurants in the area but are somewhat tired of the typical menu with same variety of fried foods. Walking into Donna's Naked Food Company was a 'breath of fresh air' with all the wonderful meals prepared so lovingly just like my Grandmother would make as well. It's comfort food at it's finest at Donna's! There is an excellent selection that are frozen and 3-4 entrees prepared fresh daily by Donna. You can tell Donna works hard to make sure each dish is cooked to perfection. We made a wonderful evening out tonight and thanks to Donna's Naked Food Company, we bought (2) Stuffed Pepper dinners (which consists of 2 very large stuffed green bell peppers). The peppers were enough for a meal and we wished we had grabbed some rolls or a fresh loaf of bread as well to soak-up the delicious tomato sauce that went along with the Stuffed Peppers. We did buy dessert though, so we had another tasty treat after our meal. I had the Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, which was rich, buttery and cinnamony and my husband had 2 chocolate brownies with peanut butter frosting and he said they were excellent. My husband is a bakery connoisseur, so I know he'll be back to sample some of Donna's other mouth-watering baked goodies sitting in the glass case. It's was the perfect plan as we picked-up our dinner at Donna', drove to Englewood Beach and sat under the pavilion to dine and then took a very long walk on the beach, which made the end of the day relaxing and enjoyable. We wished we had found Donna's Naked Food Company 2 1/2 years ago when we first moved to Englewood because we like the nice change of convenient home-cooked meals once in a while. Donna's is a gem that I would recommend to anyone. They even have coffee in the morning with baked goods. There is one small table in front outside to sit down to enjoy a quick bite. There's also a small park about 1/8th mile away from Donna's on the same side of the road with a Pavilion to enjoy a good sandwich as well. This is a good option for vacationers who do not want to or can't cook at their place but not pay the high prices to dine out for each meal as well. Each dinner entrée is only $5.95. I'm not sure if Donna offers full dinners including rolls or sides, but I will surely check into it. If you have a super-size appetite, I'd recommend getting rolls to go with it, or, a side from the deli (potato salad etc...). We'll back Donna!. Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm, Sat: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm & Closed on Sundays. Get your baked goods on Saturday for Sunday morning. Note: this is not a dine-in restaurant - for take-out food only.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kalari11
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Simply Delicious”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Home cooking at its best. My wife and I have been going to Donna's for the past eight months and found all of her dinners to be delicious. The portions are generous and the prices inexpensive. Her breads and bakery are not to be missed. Call ahead to find out the 3 to 4 dinners that are being freshly prepared each day.

• Visited May 2014