“Value location”
Review of J B's Conch Cafe - CLOSED

J B's Conch Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Love their wings and nightly specials which are tasty and good value. Decor is non existent, but it is about the tasty food at a good price. Only place I eat chicken fried steak!

There are newer reviews for J B's Conch Cafe

Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have been going to JB's for many years, but this year our visits haven't been anything to tell others about....used to be that yes, we waited to get seated, but it was worth the wait...but the food was always delivered to your table steaming hot. NOT the case several times we have been there since December. One night, the wings were cooked, but barely warm....how long had they set on the kitchen pass-thru? We always ask to sit on the bar side, usually good service, but our wings again were not hot, fries warm, don't see any reason to go back and wait for what we had. We gave it more tries than we probably should, because we have been going there for meals and wings for lots of years, but again last week, it was below par. Sorry, JB's, cannot recommend it anymore.

2  Thank bogladymay
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We went to the restaurant because on Wednesday they have 35 cent wings as their special. We have gone for the wing special 4 different times. The first 2 times we ordered the wings we paid the daily amount of 35 cents per wing that they were selling them for that day. We chowed down and then got a take home box for what we couldn't finish. However on our 3rd visit they then said you can't take any of your leftover wings home with you or else they will up-charge you and you will have to pay regular full price per wing which is 70 cents per wing. To me this doesn't sound right its not an All You Can Eat Buffet. Nowhere does it say the special is for dine in only and even if it did we were dining in. If you went to another restaurant that had a special meatloaf dinner for 5 bucks and you couldn't eat it all another restaurant would let you take it home no questions asked. Not say that they are up-charging you to the regular menu amount because you couldn't finish it all. Now on our 4th visit they made up another rule saying that now if you get the 35 cent wing special you have to order another full price menu item which is also not stated. So basically their deal of 35 cents wings is going to crap. Guess if you can't finish them all you pay the up-charge or they trash any unfinished food. Hope they are not trying to resell the uneaten wings. They must think they are the only restaurant who have wing specials. NOT! Don't think we will be back for a 5th visit. In fact I know we won't. The place has gotten more dirty every time my family has gone. The salad bar has gotten more skimpy and many of the bins are often empty. The older lady waitress is a total crank compared to the young girls we usually have. On top of it all the mens bathroom only has 1 toilet in the middle of the floor with no stall around it and the mens room door no longer has a lock and there also was no soap. Smelled like a porta potty in there. Wonder how the employees who work there wash up after going with no soap to use. Another thing was while we were there we had the lady at the next table complain to the older waitress because she had an item on her bill that was never bought to the table. The older waitress told her to pay for the item she didn't receive or she would up-charge her wings. Last week we had an extra pitcher of beer on our bill that we didn't get. Found out that older waitress was in fact owner. Read reviews on urbanspoon and avoid.

1  Thank HotMrRight
Reviewed February 16, 2014

This was my third visit to this establishment because they had advertised Prime Rib at a very low price. Well..... I guess the old adage about "getting what you pay for" is true. The piece of shoe leather they tried to palm off as prime rib couldn't even be cut with a sharp knife, much less chewed and digested. On top of this, the restaurant was hot because their air conditioning wasn't working correctly, and to top things off, I noticed several cockroaches climbing the walls. I paid the bill and got up to leave, but had to wait in the front foyer while my wife visited the restroom. While I was standing there the hostess asked me how I liked my meal. Normally I don't complain - just don't return, but since she asked I was compelled to tell her that my so-called prime rib was so tough I couldn't eat it. Her response to this comment was to tell me that I didn't need to come back, and wasn't welcome there anymore. I think that this is good advice for anyone who hasn't been there before and is considering this filthy little joint for cheap meal. DON'T! You'll be sorry......

3  Thank Peter W
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went to The Conch for dinner tonight. The fact that we were seated right away and there were plenty of empty tables should have been a warning at this time of year. At one time The Conch was a good bet for a decent meal at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, tonight's experience was so poor, it will be my last visit.

Our party of five had four bad meals. The chicken wings were overcooked the fries were overcooked. Meals all came out at different times and seemed haphazardly prepared. The hamburger that was supposed to be 16 ounces looked more to be 8 ounces. The burger was supposed to be medium rare and came out more like shoe leather. The only meal that saves this rating from being a one star was the country fried steak. Apparently that wasn't too bad.

We all agreed that we would have had a better experience at Wendy's or McDonald's.

2  Thank LabFan1990