“FANTASTICO!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“FANTASTICO!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I am writing this review while enjoying a fantastic slice of margarita flatbread. Our family has frequented this gem since it's opening.The ambiance and hospitality coupled with the variety of pies and the freshest ingredients makes this the ONLY pizzeria our friends and family talk about. We enjoy great food and Englewood Flatbread Pizzeria is it!!!

Cranford, New Jersey
“Still the best pizza anywhere”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I've been going to Flatbread Pizza since it opened. To the reviewer that equated Flatbread to Dominos, please tell me what Dominos makes pizza like Flatbread! The dough is by far the best. And his pizzas are all good. I've tried them all. My favorite is the exotic mushroom and spinach. I am from NJ where there is a pizza place on every corner. No one comes close to this pizza. My son- in- law, who is from the Bronx, had it for the first time and said it was one of the best pies he's ever had. Glenn, the owner, is there to please. It is a great upscale pizza restaurant. Do yourself a favor and give it a try. You will be back.

Englewood, Florida
“Fabulous Find In Englewood”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Gourmet Pizza! (The sweet potatoe with Applewood bacon is out of this world! A must try!) Eggplant and Ricotta was ordered togo and delicious also. Service is top notch. We spoke with the owner Glenn whom constantly ensured we had everything we needed. Freshest Gourmet Pizza going! Being Italian and from Boston, pizza is a very important part of my life. Its not often that you can find true Gourmet Pizza with the Freshest of Ingredients! A must try while in Englewood.. Yumm. This was my second visit, and I ordered one to go so my husband wouldn't be left out.

southeast
“like Dominos pizza in an old bar”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We went to this place and got a pizza to go. It is a dive bar off the road. The pizza was okay, we were hungry. Service sucked and since we wanted the pizza to go we could only order from the kitchen help.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank cometexp
gglenneric, Manager at Flatbread of Englewood, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
We know our pizza is not for everyone. Fortunately there are many that do appreciate the fact that we hand make our dough from scratch, implement a double proofing method before it is hand tossed. Our dough is spread with extra virgin olive oil, given a light dusting of black pepper. Asiago cheese is applied first then a Whole Milk Natural Mozzarella. Our pizzas are cooked on a one and a half inch stone at 600 degrees (not a conveyor belt). These and other extra steps coupled with quality ingredients may be wasted on some, Naturally to those we give our blessing to shop the inferior products of some of the bigger chains.
We find your description of our upscale wine bar to be totally inaccurate. I built the bar myself out of a beautiful local hard wood called Laurel oak, the bar back was also handmade, I milled the molding of Mahogony myself in my shop. Countless hours were spent on sanding the rough hune lumber to get a specific feeling of natural beauty, stains were custom blended to maximize the colors and character of the woods. We have received countless compliments on our chairs and table tops, wainscoting and simplistic/industrial lighting. Many have said upon arrival they feel like they are in Sarasota or Greenwich Village and that we belong in a more upscale town. We think Englewood deserves the efforts we put forward in our establishment. Clearly your inability to recognize the finest pizza ingredients is only surpassed by your inability to enjoy a hand crafted bar and cozy dining area.
As for our sucky service I can only apologize, It is certainly possible we did not deliver on that end, it is true we make mistakes, I don’t know anyone who can boast a perfect performance record in their job day after day, week after week, year after year. If they do they are over looking something. That being said when we are made aware of our shortfalls we try to take some action to make it up to our valued patrons. It sounds like you liked absolutely nothing about our establishment so clearly there is nothing we have to offer you.
We are sorry your experience at Flatbread of Englewood was disappointing and gives us inspiration to continually improve policies to make us more efficient in service. Not only that you have inspired us to post more photos of our unique upscale interior. While reviews like yours are painful to read we take great pride in knowing we are doing enough good things to experience a 40 percent sales growth this year, with no,, that’s no,, advertising or couponing such as the lesser quality chains rely on. Our growth is from word of mouth recommendations. We are sorry we did not earn your return business but wish you well in your future dining experiences else where.
Englewood, Florida
“hit or miss pizza”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

the first time I went to flatbreads it was excellent. Second not so good third time I think I will go to pizza hut a little pricey

Visited July 2014