“We were in for an unexpected treat.”
Review of Catania's Winery

Catania's Winery
Ranked #6 of 39 things to do in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: We will be closed from friday 7/15/2016 to 7/26/2016 and will re open on wed 7/27/2016 Thank you John & Margherita
San Antonio, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“We were in for an unexpected treat.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

John sat us down, poured the most delicious glass of his reserve Sauvignon Blanc I believe I have ever had and then entertained us with his history and his wines. It is definitely a "do not miss" in Englewood, Florida. Thank you, John, for a fun afternoon. Brenda & Mike San Antonio, Texas

Visited October 2013
2 Thank BJSFEB1972

Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Authentic Sicily in Englewood”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting John Catania at his winery recently on a visit to Englewood. After a warm welcome and a personal tour of the winery, John explained the wines and olive oils that we sampled in the comfort of his lovely facility. He is clearly discerning in his selection of grapes and olives which is immediately evident upon tasting his products. This boutique winery is a real jewel in a setting where both locals and tourists and can appreciate the Sicilian origins! We highly recommend making time to meet John and a glimpse of Sicily in Florida!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Shanda M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Husband and wife team Very knowleable about there product line.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Catania's Winery was worth every minute of the search to find it. The minute I walked thru the door I felt like the long lost relitive comming home. John and his wife Margherita were very personable. John gave me a tour of the winery and explained in great depth what goes into making a really fine wine.When we were finished I sat down to sample some of the best blends, I ever tasted. Then another surprise his olive oil. At that point I felt like I could go home and be a gourmet chef and a well informed sommelier. I bought white and red wines and olive oil .I then proceeded to go home and cook up a wonderful dinner served with excellent wine. You can bet John and Margherita will see me back at Catania's Winery on a regular basis.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Debradesrochers
North Port, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“John Catania is wonderful!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visited the winery for the second time this Thursday. I brought in new friends to share it with and my experience was as great as the first time. We sampled sauvignon blanc, cabernet sauvignon, and one other red. John is extremely passionate about what he does, very knowledgeable, and takes time to sit down and talk with you and make sure that you have a wonderful time. If you are in or near Englewood this experience will definitely brighten your day and is not something you want to miss out on.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Britt G
Providence, RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Tastings, Enjoyable Conversations!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

In planning for last week's vacation in lovely Englewood, Hubby & I learned on TripAdvisor of wine tasting opportunities at Catania's Winery. Having attended tastings at wineries before, we knew that the interaction with the wine presenter is such a big part of the experience. In speaking with the owner, John Catania, we quickly realized we were in for a quality, enjoyable time! John presented his Sauvignon Blanc & two Cabernet's with easy-to-understand explanations of what to expect from each. We also tasted the olive oils, which John gave background about as well. It was readily apparent the John knows his stuff; he told us about being a Master Vintner, and a little bit of his history in the winemaking arena, and about how he came to create this comfortable winery in Englewood. John is a gracious host, and gave us many ideas for dining & pasttimes in the area. We bought several wines and an olive oil for a gift for our house host. A very nice experience - should not be missed!

Visited May 2013