“Great kayaking with wonderful staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hooked On SUP
Ranked #1 of 33 Tours in Englewood
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) and Kayak Rentals, Guided Eco-Tours, Lessons, and Sales. PaddleFit and World Paddle Association Certified instructors and our tour guides are also Florida Master Naturalists. Paddle on beautiful water and see local wildlife like dolphin, manatee, stingrays, sea urchins, seahorses,and lots of fish and exotic birds. Paddle through magical mangrove tunnels at Don Pedro Island State Park with crystal clear water where you will float over starfish, sponges, upside down jellyfish, and live shells leading to a hidden lagoon that feels like your own private paradise. Or take an exciting Wildlife Adventure Tour or Snorkel & Paddle Tour at Stump Pass Beach State Park where our guides will help you discover all the beauty above and below the famously clear water. Another wonderful option is our Boca Grande guided tour where you can paddle part of the historic Great Calusa Blueway paddling trails. All guided tours are the perfect way to experience our hidden coastal waterways and experience nature in a way that most never do. All tours can be done by stand up paddle board, single kayak, or double kayak and a lesson is included before we launch. We even take photos during your entire tour and email them to you free of charge so you will have memories that last a lifetime! If you are up for creating your own adventure all paddle boards, single & double kayaks can be rented by the hour, day, or week at our paddle shack which is open 7 days a week from 9-5 for walk up rentals. Located on the water at Cape Haze Marina we offer beautiful and calm paddling water right from our launch! Lots of manatees, dolphin, sea stars, and much more wildlife are often found right here in our marina basin so no need to paddle far for some excitement! We will give you a laminated map of the area with suggested routes clearly marked out and all rentals come with a land based lesson at the dock before you go and all safety equipment needed is included. We are the only company that will deliver a paddle board, kayak & beach bikes directly to your home or rental condo on Little Gasparilla Island, Don Pedro Island, and Palm Island. We come by boat and will deliver and pick up directly to your dock on the island for no extra cost! (hourly rentals not included) We also offer SUP Yoga classes with our 200 hr RYT and PaddleFit Coach, monthly full moon paddles, and special event parties. We are the most experienced stand up paddle outfitter in Englewood, Boca Grande, Manasota Key, and surrounding Charlotte County and your safety and fun are our #1 priority. We only rent and sell high quality equipment, including Yolo Board stand up paddle boards and 100% American made kayaks and our rental equipment is in tip top shape...no worn out, faded, old equipment EVER! We offer free local delivery for daily and weekly rentals and we will work with you to ensure you have the time of your life enjoying the water!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey, United States
“Great kayaking with wonderful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Visiting friends in North Port, and we always look for outdoor activities, so we decided on kayaking. We brought two kayaks with us and rented three additional kayaks. The price was very fair and the kayaks were definitely well taken care of. The owners TRULY enjoy what they are doing which makes it a wonderful experience. Also got to enjoy the hot tub and pool after our trip.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

HookedOnSUP, Owner at Hooked On SUP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hope to see you on your next trip to North Port, thanks for the great review!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Best adventure yet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to Englewood to paddle board with a few of my girl friends, and by far the most fun I have had in a while. Such a great little adventure, and work-out. We went up and down canals, and even went over to a beach. The owners/operators were wonderful and very explanatory. I also liked the fact that the paddle boards could hold a small cooler for beer, and water. I also loved the little doggie they had! Best experience yet, and I will be back with the girls again! Thanks!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

HookedOnSUP, Owner at Hooked On SUP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thanks for the great review, hope to see you again soon!
“Great place, beautiful waters, excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Came up from Fort Myers to try paddleboarding for the first time. Brian was so friendly and an excellent instructor. He was very helpful explaining how to paddleboard and where we should go. He explained the route to us and sent us on a scenic, relaxing journey through the mangroves. Paddleboarding was very fun and easy to learn. They also have kayak and boat rentals as well. I will definitely be back soon!

HookedOnSUP, Owner at Hooked On SUP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
That was a great review you wrote us and we appreciate it very much. Hope to see you again soon!
North Port, Florida
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“SUP is short for SUPer nice people/operators.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very helpful operators. Clean, well cared for equipment. Great location. We have our own kayaks and our friends wanted to rent kayaks, so away we went to Hooked On SUP. No launch charge for our own kayaks and great prices for kayak rentals for our friends. We were supposed to be back by 5 but were a little late due to a misjudged headwind on our part. Not a problem for these folks. Can accomodate any experience level. Give them a try...you won't be sorry.
Ross, Sue and Ann

HookedOnSUP, Owner at Hooked On SUP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to write us such a nice review, hope to see you again sometime soon!
Englewood, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow, I want to do that again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I couldn't understand what all the fuss was all about with this SUP thing so I decided to check it out for my self. Being an Englewood resident, I had heard about Hooked On SUP and people seemed to be happy with their experiences there. Also, I liked the fact that they were based at Cape Haze Marina which is right on the best boating water in the area. I was a bit apprehensive at first but Paige and Brian put me at ease in a hurry with their friendly, nonchalant, no hassel, kind of island style way they have of doing business. I felt comfortable right away and after a quick lesson I was off to explore the area. I am familiar with the water around there, but only by boat up until then. This gave me the chance to explore up close places that had only been seen from a distance before.
I cant wait to do it again and discover something else I didn't know was there. I recommend Hooked On SUP to anyone. Now i get what the fuss is all about.

HookedOnSUP, Owner at Hooked On SUP, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon!