“A trip with a friend”
Review of Manasota Key Beach

Manasota Key Beach
Ranked #2 of 40 things to do in Englewood
Reviewed November 23, 2012

It was a beautiful day and a friend and I went to the beach and enjoyed the convenient benches and access to the beach. I was impressed by renovations and the restored comfort station.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Well worth the drive. You can walk for miles on beautiful sand beach. Many sharks teeth can be found. Be patient and once you find one it will become easier. Bring plenty of sun screen!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

The beach was VERY windy due to the nearby Hurricane Sandy, but it was WONDERFUL to collect so many very pretty shells. It was especially AWESOME because I'd been told of all the sharks teeth found here & didn't find any at first...until I spoke with a local on the beach. He'd just picked some up feet from where I'd already looked. Apparently, I hadn't "tuned into" what I was supposed to be looking at well enough & he helped to "adjust" that "tuning" by showing me the prime locations to look & telling me to take my time, all the while assuring me that there were plenty of them here. He even gave several that he'd found that day, knowing that I was looking to bring some back to CA for my children. It truly made my entire trip, after I'd found LOTS of them...thanks to him "retuning" my vision. =o) Beautiful beach for pictures too!!

8  Thank Leslie S
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Manasota Beach is a very nice town beach close to my home. The problem is that the sand is not well maintained and is often full of seaweed which just goes right back into the water during high tide. More parking is being added at the moment, but I have never had any problem getting a spot, and it is free.

1  Thank tanorexic
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We love this beach for sand, atmosphere, and shark teeth hunting. Family beach with mild surf. Not crowded, new facilities.