“Noisy”

Stefano's Family Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was very noisy one night we were there as they had a lady singing and playing guitar. She was ok but the amps were cranked so high you could not talk over it!!!
However the food was good that night. We had prime rib that was good cooked right (mine was rare the way I like it) and the price was right.
A susequent visit proved very different! Again I ordered prime rib and was served a piece of over done cold beef. When I complained that it was not rare and cold besides I was told that was all the chef could do. ???? I presume it was left over from the previous night and just reheated. There was no comps for a bad meal that night. If I wasback in the area I "might" return there!!!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This has been a favorite price point restaurant for decades. It is not pricy and you get what you pay for. It is what it is and many of our friends are repeat diners there.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had the special last night with wine . After a refreshing salad I sipped my glass of merlot. It was very busy yet the staff handled the rush reasonably well. My server took the time to tell me my meal would be up shortly and was everything OK.
My crab stuffed scallops and shrimp with linguini would have fed a family of four! It was hot and tasty. The rice pudding topped a good meal. I was looking for a good meal when I walked in to Sefano's and I will return!! Thanks

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went here for my birthday dinner..on March 17th. I must have got the food server from Hell! Some lady from Tennessee. She was rude taking my order,,,did't ask if we needed drink refills...didn't bring dinner rolls as stated on bottom of menu! My staek was supposed to be medium well but came to me medium rare. By the time it was recooked my guest had finished their meal. Cashier took her sweet time to cash us out and didn't even ask us if everything was alright...Yup....Y'all ruined my birthday and will never come there again.

1  Thank Patrica C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Here's a long-time local favorite with the old-time local residents. Stefano's really should be a diner because the food is diner-like. The food is real, the portions are large and the service is quick. But the service is a little sketchy--when the waitress has to "check" to find out the soup of the day, you know there's someplace that she'd rather be. And the place is older and a little frayed around the cuffs and collar.
All that notwithstanding, you won't break the bank, and you won't leave hungry. If you're there at the right time of day you'll leave with all the gossip that gets exchanged at a small town eatery. If you're only in town for a few days, the hours are long so they're probably open when you want to eat, and breakfast is more than a poached egg.
As a place to have a quick meeting, it works better than McDonald's, and there's plenty of parking.

1  Thank EnglewoodDane