“Very good simple pizza”

Cuisines: American, Greek
New York City, New York
“Very good simple pizza”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

If you can get 6 New Yorkers to agree that they have a good simple plain old pizza then that says something. By no means is the decor anything special but it had a funny little quaint feel. Great for a simple cheese pizza when you get sick of eating out.

1 Thank NYCtwkt

boston
“Horrible evening”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have been a member of trip advisor for over 6 yrs. and have never left a bad review but I just had to write about our last visit to Stefano’s Family Restaurant. We have been going to this restaurant for more than 8 yrs. and have always had an acceptable experience. Sometime it was perfect. Great food and great service. Most time it was one or the other, good food poor service or vice versus but it evened out and we had an enjoyable evening. Our last trip there left such a bad taste in our mouth that we will never return. Our waitress this last time, Patty, took our order, delivered our food and took an order for a second round of drinks. We next saw her when she delivered our check. The food was bad! We had a BLT and the bread was so stale it fell apart when you picked it up. The prime rib was 1/3 fat and the veal was inedible. I asked to speak with a manager and “Debbie” came to our table. I explained the problem and Debbie went out back to speak with Patty. Debbie never returned! Patty came back with a new check that had been adjusted. Patty explained that it was my fault for eating the food and not speaking to another waitress with my complaints. I found Debbie again! and explained that I was not happy with the remedy. Debbie said that it was the best she could do. She wasn’t really the manager and to do anymore would get her fired. I again asked for a manager and Debbie informed me that here was no “real” manager working tonight. I asked if there was someone the she could call and she said “no”. After a little more discussion she said she would take my information and have a manager contact me the next day. I paid the check and left. I still haven’t heard from the manager and don’t expect to hear from them now. It was a horrible evening.

2 Thank rougeinvegas
Olathe, Kansas
“Pretty good eats”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Have to agree with some of the other reviewers---the "decor" is pretty dated, and the interior seems to be "Gramma's house" busy. (Although I loved the photos of Johnny Unitas and Jackie Gleason on the wall)

There is a LOT to choose from--American, seafood, Italian, Greek--and I assume if a place tries to do everything it wont do anything very well.

When faced with a place with too much to choose from--go with the Daily special--and I did. Broiled Basa---it was light and fluffy, nicely spiced and not too salty. The soup was very good. My wife had Salmon---the sauce on it was pretty strong, but the Salmon was good and firm. Of course, its kinda hard to mess up Salmon!

Overall, too much to choose from, slightly frowsy, but reasonable and the food was good.

Venice, Florida
“Not so hot”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have eaten here a few times(one of my friends likes it) But...even he didn't like it tonight. It seems pretty busy, but ....... it was kind of depressing. I find the place a bit
dated and not very clean. In the past my meals have been pretty good for the price.Service has always been kind of old school jaded waitstaff. Get 'em in,get 'em out. I had what
was supposed to be an Angus burger, but it was not even average. Unripe tomato, wilted lettuce. The waitress was not very
friendly or attentive. If it wasn't for the busser(sorry,Mark,or Marcus, you were great sweetie)
it would have been a disaster.The hostess who sat us and the guy who took the money were very nice. Not coming back any time soon.

Englewood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We frequent Stefano's on Sundays following church. We go there with another couple because they allow options for either breakfast or lunch. We are always pleased with the options, service and prices.

Visited October 2012