“The best resultant in the area by far”

Beach Road Wine Bar and Bistro
Ranked #3 of 105 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Wine Bar, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Waterfront Healthy Gourmet Dining
London, United Kingdom
“The best resultant in the area by far”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, excellent wines, great service and a great atmosphere all mix to make a fantastic evening out.
We enjoyed the live music whilst dining under the open air canopy with super-hot outdoor heaters keeping the February evening chill away.
Five star service. Our waiter (Nick) remembered us from previous years visits - despite our last vacation in the area being just over a year ago, which made us feel really valued. He then went further above the call of duty to tailor his service towards our British norms (no plates cleared away from anyone until the last diner at the table has finished eating) - which we obviously do not expect whilst in the US, and can honestly say it's the first time that courtesy has ever been extended to us in literally hundreds of meals in America. What a personal and conscientious touch towards acknowledging the culture of visitors. We were flattered.
The owner was also lovely, and highly visible in ensuring everyone was having a lovely time.
The food was fantastic, sensibly portioned and bursting with taste. The Asparagus was some of the best I've ever eaten and perfectly cooked. The steak was delicious, as was the special Mahi Mahi (we ate there twice).
I thoroughly recommend this place and we will certainly be back in November when we next plan to visit SW Florida. Thanks for two great evenings!

1 Thank Tom P

Rotonda West, Florida
“Finally a place with a nice atmosphere and great food!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Just really love a place where you can chill with a water view, with great food and dog friendly!
Been there several times now and its consistent with the quality of food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 24pawprints
ENGLEWOOD
“Worth Going For Dinner (or lunch)”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

By now I have pretty well eaten my way through the menu. The outstanding choices--for me at least--are the salmon, the lamb sliders, the flank steak and the duck, My wife likes the Ahi Tuna (an appitizer that they also offer as a dinner) and the scallops. My brother in law enjoyed the crab cakes, and his lovely wife took my suggestion and had the lamb sliders (get a third one for $3), she was happy with her choice.
Meantime a very talented musician played the keyboards and sang songs from our past.
The restaurant is 75% outdoors, and located right on the water. It was a bit chilly the evening we were there this week, but they have outdoor heaters, and they work very well.

• Visited March 2014
Englewood, Florida
“A very nice evening”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had reservations for just the two of us. So we were seated at a small table around the corner where you couldn't see the entertainment. But you could hear the music and it worked out. It was quite cool out after sunset but the heater nearby actually made it warmer than I would have liked. I had pasta. My wife had a fish entrée. The wait staff was very nice. The owner was attentive as well. I cold not have made this food at home so it was a real treat. As I walked by the trailer where the food is made, I made sure to thank them for the good job. Both the chef and the dishwasher thanked me for coming. That was an exceptional evening and we will surely go back soon.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank jon b
“Our dog loved it too!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Echoing what many others have said....just a great location, ambiance and food. The staff actually seems to have fun, and it shows. We were on the island for a month, and ate there four times...along with our Labrador retriever....yes, they are even dog friendly!

• Visited February 2014