“Great ice cream! Nice people!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

A Better Scoop
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Medina, Ohio
“Great ice cream! Nice people!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Usually we head to bresslers in Venice but we thought we would try this out!! So worth it!! We will definitely be back!!

• Visited April 2014

Galena, Ohio, United States
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was our first time here and we will be back. Owners are very nice and this is a hot spot. Great ice cream!

Visited March 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Good ice cream, unfriendly service on two different visits”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We just visited this ice cream store as a family, twice in one week over our kids spring break. The ice cream was average to good. On the first visit my kids and I were caught off guard when the owner snapped at them while they tried to look through the glass at the different ice creams. He seemed stressed about potential finger prints on the glass or something. I can understand the issue of not touching things but his reaction scared my kids. I forgot about it and we returned later that week. My three year old ordered a smoothie and afterwards the owner asked him directly to stand by the register and not with my family. When another one of my kids tried to look at the gatortracks ice cream, he snapped at him in the same manner as before. My kids are very well mannered and I never write reviews like this. I talked with the owners wife about it briefly and she blamed the behavior of her husband on the "decibel level" in the place. Hopefully it won't happen again as kids tend to think of ice cream stores as inviting and fun experiences. My kids think the opposite of their experience at A Better Scoop. This has never happened to us before at any restaurant. I was not going to submit a review until this happened on 2 separate occasions.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Matt575
SarahGleba, Owner at A Better Scoop, responded to this review, January 27, 2016
Hi Matt!
I am so sorry that you experienced this at A Better Scoop in 2014. However, the business is under new ownership and we would like you to come back and give us another shot. We purchased the business shortly after your first visit. We have the same staff, the same great ice cream, and my husband and I are all about family and families coming to see us! When you're back in the area, please let me know I would love to serve you and your family!

Sarah
“Great Ice Cream”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This small ice cream shop
Is immaculately clean, the help is always friendly, and best of all they have wonderful ice cream! There are lots of flavors, so it's hard to choose, but I haven't made a bad choice yet. The one scoop is HUGE, and prices are very reasonable. My fave place for ice cream in the Boca/Englewood area!

Austintown, Ohio
“Call me spoiled...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

The ice cream here was just average. My hurricane (like a blizzard) was runny, the mocha ice cream was gritty, and other flavors tasty, but just ok. Granted, it was better than most store-bought ice cream, but not as good as most ice cream places I've been to. But I may be spoiled living a block from Handel's in NE Ohio...it is rated in the top ten in the world...