“Loved those Mango Snappers”

Captain Van Hubbard Fishing Charters
Ranked #11 of 31 Tours in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Van Hubbard USCG Fishing Guide since 1976 from Venice to Boca Grande Florida knows the waters and habitat sharing with you the safest, most pleasurable and rewarding charter. Customized to your specific desires, yet never compromizing in safety. Inshore and backcountry sportfishing and eco tours from a 23 feet safe, comfortable Dorado bayboat. In additon to fishing from beginner to pro, we offer nature/photography tours and waterfront real estate tours. Children over age 6 with their family are welcome! Limit of 4 persons per charter.
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife & I have fished many parts of the Gulf, but never Englewood area. I found Capt'n Van and am glad I did. Easy to email, and talk on the phone to reserve. We targeted Snapper and Permit and he took us about 12 miles off-shore on an artificial reef. He knows his stuff. We had a great time - had a 300lb Loggerhead swim right up to the boat - had a school of huge Manta Ray lazily circling the area all day. Got our share of Mango Snapper, then he started trolling for some bigger fish - and we got them. Very nice Kings, and a large Barracuda that we released. Capt'n had us keep a smaller legal Barracuda to eat. I was skeptical, but back at Stump Pass he boned it, and cut it into bites, and the Stump Pass grill created a lunch for us with it. It was amazing - who knew? We also used his suggestion on grilling the Mango Snapper the next day - wonderful! Didn't get the elusive Permit, but we had a great time - guess we'll have to come back!

2  Thank Dirk V
There are newer reviews for Captain Van Hubbard Fishing Charters

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Captain Van made sure that we had a great time, and also went out of his way to make sure we caught so.e fish. Highly recommend this charter!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Captain Van gave our family an amazing day. The smile on my sons face said it all, he was having a great time. He showed my family how to fish and was great at what he was doing. He knew what he was talking about and where to catch great fish! We all had a blast and Captain Van had fun with us! He was very nice to my family and I am already looking forward to next time with Captain Vann

2  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed April 11, 2014

If you have plans to go fishing in the Venice Englewood area you have to check out Captain Van Hubbard.He was a great fishing guide today for my wife and my two teenage boys. We caught a lot of fish and we all learned a thing or two. We loved Van's humor and we're impressed with his local knowledge of all the fishing spots. Van even went out of his way to try to show us two bald eagles.
The boat is great. We will definitely go fishing with Van again. Van is the man!!!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We went out in shore fishing with Captain Van today and caught some great fish. This is our second time out with him and we plan on fishing with him again in the future. He is friendly, fun and knows all the best fishing spots! Thanks for a great trip!!