“What A Day With Capt. V an”

Captain Van Hubbard Fishing Charters
Ranked #7 of 31 Tours in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Van Hubbard USCG Fishing Guide since 1976 from Venice to Boca Grande Florida knows the waters and habitat sharing with you the safest, most pleasurable and rewarding charter. Customized to your specific desires, yet never compromizing in safety. Inshore and backcountry sportfishing and eco tours from a 23 feet safe, comfortable Dorado bayboat. In additon to fishing from beginner to pro, we offer nature/photography tours and waterfront real estate tours. Children over age 6 with their family are welcome! Limit of 4 persons per charter.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

What a great time we had with Capt. Van.
We asked him to teach us to catch Snook and Sea Trout. That he did. He provided lots of guidance, and knew where the fish were located. He is a strict teacher but if you listen you will see that rod bend and great fish on. Check the photo's. He is also a good conservationist, and certainly knows his waters. A bit 'crusty' at time but just what i would expect a Captain to be.

We limited on Sea Trout in a half hour and spent the rest of the time on snook. Would have liked some Reds but they were not to be had on our trip.

Trust me, it was a great time, Capt. Van's prices are no higher than the rest and he is the BEST!

DO IT, GREAT TIME

"capt"
in 21 reviews
"bait"

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Booked a family charter in April 2013. Picked Captain Van based on a web search indicating Captain Van was a good pick for a family fishing experience. My 11 and 8 year olds did all the fishing. Us parents took pictures and stayed out of the way. Captain Van was kept very busy baiting lines and teaching the kids to cast. Kids caught over 40 fish, 6 different species! Captain Van was great with the kids. Captain runs a safe boat with kids aboard. Captain Van is Highly recommended.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My father and 13 year old son had the pleasure of fishing with Captain Van in March 2013. It was my second trip over the years. Captain Van was great with my son and seemed to enjoy teaching him to fish. We caught several Pompano. I would highly recommend Van Hubbard.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

4 generations enjoyed a fabulous 2/27 fishing trip with Capt. Van and I've heard nothing but good about it since. Great-grandpa, Grandpa, Dad and Son, Lukas thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Capt Van was very patient with 7 year old Lukas....the best picture is Lukas with his black nosed shark that he reeled in himself. He shared a picture during 1st grade show and tell this week and asked for a poster for his room....it arrived today! Thank you, Capt. Van for the priceless memories my grandson will have forever!