“Come with an appetite”

cafe 776
Ranked #13 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed February 19, 2012

An enormous amount of food for one person. Count on taking at least half of it home for another meal or share a meal. I had the Coconut Shrimp and they were huge. My friend had the fish and chips and there had to be a pound of fish for one person plus ashe plate full of fries. She took her leftovers home and made 3 sandwiches the next day. The prices are reasonable and the food is worth every penny. Nothing fancy...just good eats.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

if you want a ton of greasy fod this is the place wasted my money on this meal with friends i will not be back

Reviewed February 3, 2012

This was always our favorite place to go for fried Grouper; and we've been winter vacationing in Englewood for several years so we were excited to go back for a birthday celebration. What we got was Grouper that was so greasy we couldn't eat it. We took paper towels and kept sopping the grease off the fish but it just kept coming. The towels were saturated with grease so we gave up trying. The servers were unfriendly and rude. When we told the server we've never had fish this greasy at 776 her response was "so you shouldn't have ordered it fried" and "I just serve the food". Needless to say, we'll never go back. Yes, the prices are good and you get huge portions but who needs or wants that much grease!

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Great food! Worth the wait! Very large portions - even the side dishes! Plan to get a doggy bag!

1  Thank Sometimessara
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I cant beleive noone has reviewed this place. Though i guess it took me and my wife this many years to actually go eat here so its no wonder.

This place is small, dive bar/tiki bar look to it. Dont let the decor fool you though the food is fantastic.

Like I isaid this is our first trip here, we had heard about it, but we a) rarely go into englewood and b) it requires cash

As I said before the place has seen better days, the decor is a bit old, and the place does look a bit rundown, but its clean. If I had one major complaint about something its the last table that slopes towards the road, its uncomfortable to sit there as you feel like your falling over the whole time. Also the noise from 776 is right there, so I can imagine on high traffic days its very loud.

Now for the food...

My wife had the coconut shrimp and I got a daily special of the seafood platter. First off the Shrimp are HUGE! and in normal restaurants where you get maybe 5 shrimp my wife had 8 huge shrimp on her plate. My plate was just as huge, 2 large pieces of cod beer battered and fried, 4 large shrimp, and 4 huge scallops. All were cooked perfectly. Way too much to each and I ended with leftovers for lunch.

I do want to note one more thing. the table next to us got a burger and it was HUGE! It had to be 1/2 pound at least.

One other thing that I loved, NO TILAPIA!!! Nope none! on the entire menu there was no Tilapia! , tons of cod, haddock, grouper, snapper etc. Good job! Keep up the standards! Sorry I hate tilapia and think its just a junk fish that should be used as bait.

Go check this place out!! Just bring cash, and dont sit in the table near the door on the right!

2  Thank johnnmary