“Our Favorite Place!!”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Looking for a great place to have lunch, dinner or just to listen to the band; Flounders is the spot!! It's directly across the street from Englewood Beach.

The hostess greeted us immediately. Asked if we wanted indoor, outdoor or tiki hut. We chose a table outdoors by the channel.

Our server, Kathy, was excellent. She was helpful with the menu choices and her recommendations were wonderful.

We had the seafood gumbo for an appetizer. The soup was a definite Louisiana style offering with an abundance of seafood and vegetables.
For dinner my husband ordered the Grouper sandwich; asking for the Blackened preparation. Their sandwiches are served with Tiki fries; a crisp well seasoned french fry. My husband says "by far the best" Grouper sandwich he has had anywhere.

I went with the Fish Soft Tacos. I chose the Blackened Grouper, but you have several options to choose from. The tacos are served with a mango salsa that is out of this world. The meal has been my favorite thus far. Fresh, perfectly prepared, presentation was very appealing, as well.

The desserts are a must! Even if you need to share. My husband loves Key Lime pie and says this is the best around. I, again, went with the recommendation of our server and ordered the Coconut Fried Cheesecake!! OMGoodness! That is all I can say.

We will be going again soon!!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've lived in the Englewood area for over two years now, and somehow we hadn't made our way to Flounders yet. What a mistake! We came down on a Sunday and discovered that a parking space would be hard to come by, but with luck, someone else was leaving in time for us to pull in. The place was jumping, with a great band playing. You could also pay to park over at the beach and walk over. It would be worth it.

We pulled up a stool at one of the umbrella high-tops out on the outside beach-sand patio, where the band was playing. Had a couple of drinks and ordered a light lunch. One of the specials was scallop and shrimp skewers, with which I had cole slaw (to test it out, 'cause I'm picky about my cole slaw) and black beans & rice. Bill had the Ipswich clam basket with tiki fries. Everything was perfect. One of my complaints about restaurants in this area is that most of them don't remove the fibrous "foot" that attaches the scallop to its shell. The chef at Flounders does!

Our only complaint, I suppose, is that it was pricey, but I thought it was worth every cent.

I hope we'll be back within the week!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Flounders is my favorite place in Englewood for a fun evening by the beach. They have excellent fish tacos, always have good music playing, and great staff. Drag Queen Bingo is a great night, too.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Four of us decided to have lunch in the Tiki bar at Flounders and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The waitress was very pleasant and the food was good. The entertainment, Kenny Rose, was brilliant. Music good and he was funny as well. Could have stayed longer there but we had things to do. Certainly will go there again before the end of our holiday.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Our kayak guide recommended Flounders - especially the Tiki Burger. Loved it! Very nice outdoor space with welcoming hostess and great service.