“Good food and location”

Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food was excellent and the location right on the beach. Lots of places to sit. Waitress was extremely nice. There was music and games being played on the intercostal side. Everyone seemed to be having a really nice afternoon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very nice breakfast. Neat place with outdoor games, interesting menu. Service a little slow, don't refill coffee, or at least they didn't when we were there.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was another excellent pick for the area ! We went there twice in our 10 day trip .. unfortunately the second time I did not partake as I had already headed back up north. But this first time, was amazing especially considering the volume of business this place was producing. We were seated quickly and our server came promptly took drink order and was quite conversational regarding the few questions we had.

We went here for seafood ... the name Flounder's is ideal as their seafood is freshly prepared and excellent. I ordered the fried seafood platter and it was superb. I always worry when ordering something fried about the quality. I admit we did wait a bot for the entrees to arrive but I could tell it was prepared to order with the batter light and fresh, ample condiments and too much food. I actually ate the leftovers the following day for lunch.

Without revealing too much detail, our server was "challenged" by another patron near us and handled it so smoothly and professionally we complemented her after the situation was subdued. She remained cheerful and genuine throughout our entire visit.

I would definitely return to this place, endorse it and suggest it for most all occasions. All the team were friendly, cordial and actually enjoying their jobs. The food was great even had dessert which is a rare happenstance in my dining experiences.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Have just returned from Flounders restaurant, what can I say? Terrible service. Arrived at 7.15pm, got a table and told after ordering there was a 30 min wait, we said ok it's fairly busy. After 40 mins was told it was taking longer (this was the first time our waiter had come to us since ordering) we then asked another waiter to check for us. Our meal, which was only fish and only two of us, came after an hours wait! Staff were very indifferent. We weren't the only ones complaining, two other tables were complaining too. In the end there was only one table occupied before we left but still? Staff weren't bothered at all. So shall never go again or advise anyone to go. As for the actual food? Ok, just ok.

2  Thank 828SusanT
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very disorganized and the food was probably the worst I have had in Southwest, Fl..
It was high season, but that just did not cut it as an excuse.
Do not go there unless you are going just for the entertainment, we ordered flounder, thinking that would be good..........it was the worst ever.
The best flounders we ever had was at Surfriders in Va.Beach, VA