“Excellent food, lackadaisical service”

Beyond The Sea Restaurant & Supper Club
Ranked #45 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beyond The Sea Restaurant and Supper Club invites you to experience our fine selections of Seafood, Aged Steaks, and Wines, prepared by our expert 5 star chef and staff. We pride ourselves on having the most fresh seafood, meats, and produce in the area. We offer wood fired grilled selections for many of our ultimate signature dishes and daily specials. We serve breakfast, lunch, and supper every day throughout the year because we value our customers as if they were family and our family kitchen is always open. Check out our great evening entertainment with some of the best acts in the region. Live music with delicious food, paired with a fantastic wine, what are you waiting for? For the best Surf and Turf in Englewood, FL, look no further than your friends at Beyond The Sea Restaurant and Supper Club!
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We arrived at about 8:30 p.m. and had a difficult time getting anyone's attention so we could be seated. We finally did get a tiny table squeezed in between two occupied tables, even though the room was near empty. And even though there were only 3 other tables, our waitress had a hard time finding the time to wait on us. We really felt like we were imposing. The manager made a round greeting the regulars and ignoring us completely. The food was fabulous when it finally arrived, though. This place would be great if the service matched the food!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Being a full time resident for 11 years, my wife and I have tried to eat here twice, the first time was about 2 years ago and we had bad food and extremely poor service, I decided anybody can have a bad day, on 6/10/13 my wife and I decided to try again. We walked in the front door and waited @ 7-10 minutes before we were sat at a table (only 4 other tables seated) I believe it was the owner who sat us, older gentlemen with sandy blond hair, very pleasant. After being seated with our menus we expected someone to bring water, take a drink order, a sign of some type instead of nothing. At this time another couple comes in the door, the waitress who was supposed to be waiting on us, instead sits these people, gets them drinks and takes there order. They received 3 visits from the waitress and we still haven't seen here once. At this time approximately 20 minutes has passed. My wife and I got up and left nobody said anything, or ask any questions.
As far as I am concerned they have shown me and my wife that they don't need or want our business.

2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have lived in the area for one year and this is my favorite place to go! I saw some other negative reviews and all I can say is I know they have made changes in mgmt and possibly this has been a vast improvement. I can't say since I had never eaten here during the time of those old reviews. This place does Ahi Tuna better than any other place around. The Banshee Shrimp is also delicious. If you want to have drinks and appetizers this is the place. The bar is small but the bartenders are the most fun and entertaining you will find in the evenings. I leave the beach and drive to Beyond the Sea. As a new "local" I don't want to pay the higher prices for food and drinks at the beach all the time...this is my go-to spot! I haven't eaten dinner here much but the few times I have it has been good.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We are area locals and used to visit ofter but had a bad experience with service and quality. We had not dined here in about a year and decided to go back and give it another chance. Wont do that again. Understaffed, we waited for 20 minutes to even be acknowledged by a server, after being seated by the manager. He then came over and offered my husband a round of drinks and he said he wasn't looking for anything free. I was insulted by his next comment that "I bet your wife would take it women never turn down free stuff". I noticed many of the other dinners were going to the bar for their own drinks. Entertainment was OK like a wedding reception. Was too loud for us, couldn't carry on a conversation with the other members of our party without yelling. I would think more fitting to a bar atmosphere than a dining room. Food was OK at best very inconsistent with what we had had previously. Maybe they have a new chef or something? Many other places in the area that are much better. Unfortunate because they could do better.

1  Thank Dbheg13
Reviewed March 12, 2013

As part timers (we own homes in Englewood and Minnesota), we make 5-6 trips to Florida throughout the winter. Every time we get back to Florida, we visit Beyond the Sea and are always impressed with the combined entertainment and dinner specials. We now try to plan our trips to include one of their dinner/entertainment shows. We have not yet been disapointed. We also stop by in the middle of the afternoon for a cocktail and snack. There is nothing better than enjoying your favorite beverage, a plate of Banshee Shrimp and chatting with the friendly staff. Whether this is your first time or you are a frequent visitor, you feel that this is where you belong. I guarantee we will be back soon. Thanks Ron for everything you are doing to make us feel so welcome!!!

2  Thank deb f