“Launch your Kayaks or Paddle Boards”

Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Englewood
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Nice place to hike, picnic or sit on private beach facing Lemon Bay. Also has beach access and bike racks. Quiet nature trails

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I love this beach in Manasota Key! For the last 5 years, when we came to visit Manasota Key in the winter we would walk to Stump Pass Beach everyday. It is such a peaceful, secluded beach. We knew it was the perfect place to get married! And it was! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful beach to have our ceremony.

1  Thank bev p
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a State Park so you will need a pass to enter, the daily pass is about $3.00 and well worth it. There never seems to be too many people at there, and the lack of parking may have something to do with that. Enjoy the sand, surf and shells, and depending on when you are there watch out for sea turtle nests.

1  Thank Deb N
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stump Pass Beach State Park ( SPBSP) was established in 1971. It is a STATE park which means that an annual pass ( approx. $60.00 ) allows you entry here. The daily entrey free is $3.00 . If you go to this beach more than 20 times a year , as I do , then the pass is a good idea. Also the pass allows you entre to other State parks all over Florida- and I do like to go to State Park beaches on Boca Grande as well.
I started vacationing in the Englewood area 30 years ago and bought a vacation home 5 minutes from the beaches 15 years ago. I go to Englewood year round. Fifteen years ago I thought I would have SPBSP all to myself forever , as no one knew about this fine beach. One morning in late summer as I walked down to the pass I saw 6 or 7 baby sea turtles scramble toward the gulf water. Then I definitely wanted to keep this place to myself. Some days I could walk the wole beach up and down for 2 and a half miles and not see one single person-paradise!
But I knew this paradise would not last. The beach that no one knew about 15 years ago, now has become quite popular. I have some advice about parking at this beach:

1. Most times of the year parking in the lot of about 40 spaces is no problem.
2. There are times when the lot is full by 9:30 am- or sometimes earlier, and these are:
A.) The peak season, January, Feburary and March on the weekends
B.) Everyday during Spring Break in April
C.) Holiday weekends such as Memorial Day and the Fourth of July
D.) On beauliful weather days over the two week period from Christmas to New Year

So be prepared to arrive early during these times. And I mean early. If you arrive just after the lot is full, say at ten in the morning there may be up to an hour wait to park. If you have your heart set on going to this beach, don't wait for a whole hour. Leave and go get some coffee, relax- you are on vacation!- and come back at noon! People will be leaving for lunch and parking spaces open up quickly.
Also when I don't make the 9:30 cut off by sleeping late...I just swim in my pool and head to the beach at 3:30 pm when everyone is leaving for the day. The early evening is really the one of the best times to go anyway.
My favorite time of year to go to SPBSP is mid May, when the water starts heating up to 82 -84 degrees through the end of June. During this time the water is pleasantly swimable and when standing neck high in the water is so clear than you can see your toes.
I haved " lived" on the beaches of the USA since early childhood. My opinion is that Stump Pass is one of the very best beaches ( excluding Hawaii, which is in a class by itself)) in the whole country. But get there EARLY !!!

4  Thank Ted1348
Reviewed May 29, 2014

The small parking lot limits folks somewhat; however, the beach isn't very wide limiting space somewhat. A number of sea turtle nests were marked. We made our way down to the southern end of the park and the pass to see the tern nesting site. There was more chop here than on Boca Grande, which might make it less fun for the smallest kids.