“Great food !”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of friends for Cinco De Mayo. The food was great & good service as well.
We'll be back !! You should try it.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We should have known, but we received a coupon in the mail for 15% off. On the coupon, it stated open 7 days a week. The coupon expires May 31. We drove there today, and they were closed. There was a handwritten sign on the window stating "Closed Sundays." This is the second time we have tried to go on Sunday, and they were closed. We would not have tried to go today had we not received the coupon stating open 7 days a week. We drove over from Port Charlotte, so it's not exactly down the street. We enjoy the food and had wanted to have Mexican food as our anniversary is tomorrrow.
I doubt we will ever go there again.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I can't even believe how good this salsa is! Fresh cilantro is in the salsa which gives it such a fresh and homemade taste. The rest of the meal was very good as well as was the service. It was a great meal all around, and this will be one of first places we return to when we come back to town.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Visited on evening of "the cruise". A brilliant atmosphere, great food and lovely waitress. Free handmade chips & salsa and Margaritas to die for. Will be back before we go home.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

First let me say that I don't care much for Mexican food. I think you can buy it in the frozen section and it all tastes about the same. I am surprised at the great reviews for this place.
Some folks need to get out more, I guess? My sweetie had eaten here in past trips and it was just OK. We stopped in for a light snack the other day because she likes Tamales. She ordered two because the waiter said they where small. I ordered Fried Ice Cream and the waiter said "is that all you are ordering"? We said "yes" and he said "then I will have to charge you for the Chips and Salsa?" Not being confrontational I said OK. My sweetie's Tamales were definitely not up to her standards and my Fried Ice Cream was just OK. When we got the bill we were charges $2.50 for the Chips and Salsa. I was a little surprised since it said on the menu a $2.00 charge for sharing and that is what I thought it would be. Now let me get this straight, It is better to tick off your customers than to smile and say "OK I will put the order in right away?" I think not! I paid the bill and left my usual 20% tip anyway but probably shouldn't have.

On a side note, can someone explain the Florida mentality of punishing customers who want to share? I guess they must feel that not making any money is better than the ten bucks or so they get off of one meal? Zero is better than ten? Ha! No tip is better than a two dollar tip? This is foolishness and should be reconsidered by all restaurants! We don't share but it is a pet peeve of mine and I couldn't help ranting.

I am pretty sure we will not be back, is that a business policy that is working out for you Compadre's? No return customers is better than returns? Take the sharing charge off the menu!

2  Thank fabner1