“Good food, good service, good price”
Review of Comadres

Comadres
Ranked #33 of 111 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Went to Compadres on a Monday night, on our way to a bluegrass/blues jam session at Indian Mounds park nearby. Server was friendly and delivered a large basket of corn chips and a bowl of salsa. We finished off the salsa, and still had chips left. A couple of servers asked us if we wanted more salsa. We ordered the combination plate, and shared the dishes. Our combo plate included a chimichanga and a chicken burrito with refried beans, rice, and some lettuce. Everything was delicious. Finished off with fried ice cream (again shared between us). Enjoyed the ice cream with coconut. Total price including one beer, and a large glass was $20.25. If you are dining out on a Monday night consider going to Indian Mounds park and take in the Jam session. Starts at 6:00 p.m. They take up a voluntary collection during the evening.

1  Thank Retired-Cruiser
There are newer reviews for Comadres

Reviewed January 7, 2012

We go here regularly and always enjoy the food. The service is good and so are the prices. It is a small restaurant, so seating is limited and you may have to wait, but order a beer and wait outside, the weather's great!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

Good Mexican food, well prepared! Service not always as friendly as it could be...

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I recently had lunch here, and the combination entrees were served on two plates. I asked for a box to take home what I didn't eat, and found a hair in the taco~~now, things happen in restaurants, I worked in one for years, so I discreetly asked the waiter to come over, politely showed him this BLACK hair (I'm 62 and gray) and he gave me such a hard time, accused me of planting it there~~HUH? Then he accused me of trying to get a free meal (I paid) which I was not. I would never, ever go here again, the service was terrible.

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Kitchy, Mexican, reminds me of local restaurants in Monterrey ( not tourist destinations). Always friendly and consistent. Fajitas are plentiful and flavorful. Bottled beer (I prefer Dos Equis lager) is always served with a frosted mug and lime. Great salsa and warm chips. Very friendly staff that live in the area and are seen in the community. NOT TO MISS!!!