“Wow! Wonderful Mexican food and lots of it.”
Review of Comadres

Comadres
Ranked #33 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Wow! Wonderful Mexican food and lots of it.”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were invited to go to Compadres by a business associate. We'd never been to the area and therefore not this restaurant either. Fabulous, fabulous food. I can't really say enough good things about Compadres. We had a mixture of beef and chicken dishes on the hot griddle, and we could barely eat three entrees between four of us. Service was really good and so were the prices. You won't ever go hungry after a meal at this place. It really is first class. Nice relaxed atmosphere in Old Englewood Village.

Try it, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2011

“Compadres is the best Mexican restaurant in the area.”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Quaint atmosphere, very good food and a good value, with good service. What more could you ask for?

“Best Mexican food in town”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I'm a local and after reading a bad review I had to comment. I'm sorry that someone had a bad experience/meal, but please don't let that stop you from trying this wonderful gem of a restaurant! There are very few Mexican restaurants in this area, but this is a shining star. I moved from a state that had an abundance of Mexican places, so I was pretty bummed when I moved here and found that every good Mexican place that opened soon shut down, this is pretty much the only remaining place near by to get good mexican food! I've had great fajitas and the best mushroom quesadilla ever there, and don't forget the sangria! Listen to a local, if you want Mexican food in Englewood (or the surrounding areas, Venice, north port, port Charlotte) this is the place to go!

1 Thank Kelfordando
Englewood, Florida
“good mexican food”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

nothing fancey but food is good with large portions service is average decor is a little drab

• Visited January 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Find somewhere else”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Asked for a frozen margarita and waitress told me they only had margaritas on the rocks available so I settled on their only beer on tap which was Negro Modelo and it was served at room temp. The food was by far, the worst Mexican I've ever had. It's like it was from Gordon Food Svcs or Sysco...not authentic at all.

1 Thank lizali