“Formerly Zeke's at Royal Palm Marina”
Review of Zeke's Bayside Restaurant - CLOSED

Zeke's Bayside Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: A Casual, Waterfront Bar & Grill that used to be called Zeke's Bayside. In July 2014, Zeke's moved to Dearborn St and this became Snook's Bayside or The Bayside Bar & Grill at Royal Palm Marina with new managers/operators.
Reviewed August 13, 2014

The new Snook's Bayside Bar & Grill--is formerly Zeke's, is now under new management and a new name, the menu has become a bit broader and more inclusive and a tad more expensive. Same old place, picnic tables, nice views and killer sunsets. Expect reasonably cold beer in plastic cups and freshly varnished but sticky tables.

No A/C and really loud music at times. It's a great place to drop in (come as you are).

2  Thank EnglewoodDane
There are newer reviews for Zeke's Bayside Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Snook's Bayside Bar & Grill is the former Zeke's, at the same gorgeous bayfront marina location but now under new management. They're serving up many of the same menu items, as well as some welcome additions. I was never 100% thrilled with the salad at Zeke's, but new manager Denise Trent-Morrow just invented a summer salad called the Very Berry Chicken Salad, "grilled chicken breast atop a bed of salad greens, with fresh strawberries, cranberries, almond slivers, sprinkled with goat cheese served with a raspberry vinaigrette." My favorite salad now!

Bill ordered what I think were two new menu items: the shrimp and crab fritters--nice, zingy flavor, and even zingier if you apply their special sauce, whatever it is. He also sampled the smoked beef brisket tacos with fresh pico de gallo--also really good.

We looked for Snook, to compliment him on his good taste in restaurants, but he must've been napping.

1  Thank Suzymobile47
crytopean, Owner at Zeke's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

I stopped by to give Snook his treats today....and he wanted me to tell you that he's sorry he missed you. He said he was actually out looking for a nice tasty fish.....not that he was going to leave very much to share, but he's happy you came by a liked the new salad!

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Service and attitude lacking, food was mediocre at best, and pricing much higher than value. We were embarressed by our recommendation.

I am so sorry that you had a less than wonderful experience, but because of the changeover of locations and new names for each, I am not sure which restaurant you visited or what to do to help. Many of the signature menu items from the old Zeke's have moved to the new Zeke's Uptown on Dearborn St along with many new, much more complex foods.

The menu at what is now Snook's Bayside has been changed as well. The menu is simpler but more focused on what you would find in an Old Florida Waterfront Tiki Bar Venue....Fish Tacos, Great Burgers, Fish and Clam Baskets, Sandwiches, new Wraps and a variety of new salads and appetizers. It's very casual --a place to sit back and watch some of the best sunset views over the water with a glass of wine, cold beer or basket of jumbo clams.

Because business is much slower and very unpredictable during summer, it is also very difficult for most restaurants in our area to know how to staff. Friday and Saturday nights tend to have the most staff available. In any case however, your server should be friendly and attentive --- and you should always feel welcome to tell us if there anything we can do to make a visit more enjoyable for you. Without happy customers, there's no reason to do what we do.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Zeke's is in transition. They opened a new location on Dearborn Street this week, and new operators are taking over the old place at the Royal Palm Marina. So watch the new reviews. But with regard to the old place, they now invite you to bring your dog--on a leash--into the restaurant. I know that's a very nice feature if your life revolves around little Fifi, but I'm not too sure the board of health views this as a good plan.
Our last trip included a Tuna Carpaccio and an Antipasto--both excellent choices. I will ROYAL PALM restaurant over the next week or so.

3  Thank EnglewoodDane
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We went based on a friend's recommendation. However, she did not realize this restaurant is no longer "Zeke's", the location was purchased and "Zeke's" is now on Dearborn. Anyway, since we were there we decided to stay, try it out and enjoy the views.

Unfortunately, the view is the only thing I can review. We waited 5 minutes for anyone to acknowledge us with the promise of returning shortly. That was the last we saw of her. The customers that had finished and we're attempting to pay and leave. That wasn't going well either. There appeared to be 15 very frustrated people waiting because the CC machine wasn't working.

Don't plan on doing this again.

2  Thank Ann M
crytopean, Owner at Zeke's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Ann M,

I'm very sorry that you had to wait for your server. I'm not on location any more but it sounds to me like the restaurant staff had their hands full with a downed internet connection and no credit card capacity. I'm not trying to make an excuse, but seems to me with 15 people waiting patiently or impatiently to leave that the servers may have been trying to placate those who were there first.

It's unfortunate that we all now live in an "immediate gratification" world now and that we're so darn dependent on technology to live our lives in what we now see as "normal". I often think back to the days when nobody used Mastercard or Visa and you would wait 30 minutes to check out at the grocery store as each person wrote a personal check and the clerk phoned in to Telecheck for an approval....yikes. We'd crucify those people today !!!!

Again, I'm sorry you got caught on a night with technology issues. I'd love to say it would be different if the internet goes down again, but that would be a lie...it doesn't happen very often, but when it does....NOTHING works the way it should.