“THIS PLACE DOWNRIGHT SUCKS!!!”
Review of Zeke's Bayside Restaurant - CLOSED

Zeke's Bayside Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: A Casual, Waterfront Bar & Grill that used to be called Zeke's Bayside. In July 2014, Zeke's moved to Dearborn St and this became Snook's Bayside or The Bayside Bar & Grill at Royal Palm Marina with new managers/operators.
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The wait staff was terrible, clueless and not trained. We waited 15 minutes just to be acknowledged!!! The waiter had no idea what he was doing. Not even close. This place is worse than a bus station diner. The Salad I ordered looked and tasted like it sat out all day. I couldn't tell if it was two slices of cucumbers or zucchini, but regardless what it was it was dried out to the point that it was shrinking. The celery that came with my wings was old, gross and wilted. My boyfriends burger had absolutely no taste, it was just grey meat. He took two bites and this guy eats everything. The fries were cold, and didn't come with the burger. So that was a separate charge. We had to ask for silverware and plates. The website is nothing like it is in person. Very deceiving. I wouldn't bring the leftover burger home for my dog even. Yah, It was that bad!!

5  Thank Karen C

Reviewed July 4, 2012

The food prices have been rising..... We can not afford to go there. Our community group wanted to go there for an evening meal in there upstairs room (air-conditioned). It would have been $20.00 for a chicken dinner ! Our group is older & can't sit at their picnic tables with out AC. It's hot in Englewood ! This is glorified bar food. Beautiful sunsets with loud music and prices have been going up, up & too much !

2  Thank seniorsontheloose
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Am a bit distressed that you wrote a review on a public forum that was so completely WRONG!!

The dinner you are referring to was a dinner that we were holding upstairs in our banquet room. In order to have folks up there I have to pay someone to come in and put the tablecloths on the tables, sweep/mop the floor, wash the dishes, etc. It is all completely seperate from our downstairs dining.
Recently we had a VERY MODEST price increase on a FEW of our items because all of our vendors went up on their prices. We are still very much in line with EVERYONE else (in fact, we are a bit below most places) and we don't really serve bar food (unless you consider Tuna Carpaccio, Black n' Bluesy Sirloins or Crab Cakes 'bar food')
The $20 dinner we had included the meal, a front row seat to the fireworks AND it helped us to be able to write a check to the Rotary for their fireworks fund! I'm so sorry that you feel our prices are out there but if YOU were having to pay the mortgage on a waterfront marina PLUS 45 employee salaries PLUS insurance (need I go on?) you wouldn't be able to compete with McDonald's or Burger King either.
Thank you for your comments and hope you do not mind my reply as it is NOT meant to be disrespectful in any way

Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Let's face it, this barfood. There's a decent fish sandwich which is perhaps the best thing on the menu. Great place to hang out with friends and watch the sunset over lemon Bay.

1  Thank TravelLife19
Reviewed June 15, 2012

First of all, I know for a fact that the food is always freshly prepared and the servers are never rude. Some people just want to down everything that they come into contact with.. Great place, Great people and great view. Never have I seen nor heard a server be rude nor complaints on food. Not here. This place is GREAT!!!!

2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have a feeling their staff has the shrimp in a bucket and not on ice. Ordered the peel and eats. I smelled the rotten shrimp when the 1st shrimp was peeled. My partner concurred it was bad and went to wash the rank off his hands and beard. it also appeared greasy and pushed it as far away from my nose as possible it smelled THAT bad. So we sent it back and tried to order a dessert, a cheese cake...All out of cheesecake. The waitress suggested the Chocolate Marquis 7.95

Our ‘signature’ dessert with rich layers of chocolate genois, milk chocolate mousse & a dark chocolate ganache dusted with pure 24k gold. Rich enough for two but you WON’T want to share! Umm, pricey and SMALL.

I wish I liked Beer..because it would be a nice place to get a beer buzz and watch the cun go down.

jmwentzel, Owner at Zeke's Bayside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Hello-I sent you an email a few minutes ago but wanted to say how awful I find this! That is just not acceptable. I immediately went out to the kitchen and checked the shrimp we had on hand. This was a fresh batch but obviously what you had, was not. This is not how we operate and I wanted to ask you to please read your email for my private comment. This is something I will attend to on a daily basis and it will not be repeated. We would love to have you come back sometime soon. Please ask for me (Johnna) and I will see that you are taken care of.
As for the signature dessert. Yes, it IS pricey and small and that is the way we buy it from our provider. BUT, that said, it is very good. Unfortunately, all of our vendors prices have gone up, up, up the past year. We put an honest mark up on things and nothing more. Take care and again, I am truly sorry for your awful experience