“Reliable, plain and simple equals boring”

Howard's Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 118 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A Delicious Dining Experience. Progressive yet casual, Howards is the perfect place to enjoy high-quality entrees prepared with fresh ingredients and our friendly staff will provide superior service. Menus include Lunch, Dinner and Bar Snacks.
Reviewed 1 week ago

It is a nice clean place with good service and a full menu of plain vanilla selections. There is nothing there to dislike. They just do not have anything going for them that is special. It reminds me of very high quality hospital food. I am sure that there are plenty of people who love the place. I just am not one of them. I can make plain food at home.

Date of visit: March 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,644)

Reviewed 1 week ago

We love Howard’s. We go there on our monthly trips to the area. Can’t wait until March, when we go for the entire month. Our favorite servicer is Jammie Beatty. She is so nice and professional. We try to keep up with her day off and that day we eat and. Our condo. Meals always excellent and their drinks are great. I am the full time designated driver, so ice water is my drink of choice. My wife loves the orange crush. Whoever does the hiring at Howard’s does an outstanding job. Everyone friendly and professional. I also love their corned beef and cabbage on St. Patty’s day. The chef is excellent.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the private room which sat the 10 of us very comfortable. The occasion was my husband's birthday. Our waitress, whose name was Jamie was wonderful. She treated each and everyone of us very special and went beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. Four of us ordered the shrimp and scallop dinner over pasta, which we all found just okay, lacking in salt or seasoning some how, but wasn't bad as she gave us a butter sauce to spice it up. One person had steak which was great and cooked just as he ordered it. Another had lobster roll, and it was delicious. Another ordered chicken parm. which was great also. My grandson had the coconut shrimp, also great. All in all I would rate it an A-.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We alternate each week between Howard's & another local restaurant. We've never been disappointed with our dinner at Howard's. I'm a red meat eater and my wife usually orders the salmon, we're always happy with the order. Disappointed they discontinued the Sunday breakfast, it was a destination for our Sunday brunch... no more!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I came in for a quick lunch at the bar and the bartender Ashley was super friendly and nice!! She recommended the French dip special, so I got that and WOW, just incredible. Best French dip I’ve had in many years! Highly recommend!!