“would rather starve”

Great Wall Buffet
Ranked #88 of 113 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 10, 2012

wife wanted something different so we made themistake of trying this place may be buffett food is all alike but this was bad at best save your money to many excellant places close by

Reviewed December 8, 2011

If you like Chinese buffet and are going just to "Chow Down" OK. The Buffet is large and with a good assortment of food, however the atmosphere is lacking the place is not the cleanest with badly stained ceiling tiles and old furniture, located in a shopping center so parking could be problem.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

Probably the best Chinese buffet in Englewood. Go early though while everything is filled and hot.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Based on other reviews, my teenage son and I decided to drive farther than usual to try out a different Chinese buffet. We have been to several in the Venice/Sarasota area and had mixed opinons of those. The food at Great Wall was very good -- fresh and very tasty -- but the selection was limited, compared to other buffets we've visited. Instead of one long table of buffet choices after another, this restaurant only had 3-4 short tables. But the food they offered was very good. If you are a sushi fan, this buffet will not be to your liking -- only a ocuple choices there. The peel-and-eat shrimp, however, was some of the best I've had on a buffet. Price-wise, we paid the same as at the much larger buffets -- I expected a smaller price to go along with the smaller selection. I was satisfied with our meal but doubt I will drive 30 minutes to try them again.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

I've been her quite a few times. It feels like ya win some ya lose some. I can't say I've ever been 100% satisfied. I have often found trays empty and not refilled. I have experienced dried out food that has sat a while.
The staff is just fine, I've never been mistreated and I've always been welcomed at the door. The staff is clean and polite. The atmosphere is what you would expect. Its basic, yet clean. Maybe no air conditioning, its always been warm and stuffy when I have visited. The food variety is pretty good ! You don't leave hungry. Give it a try. Its cheap enough and when your hungry it will hit the spot.