“Another Keeper is a keeper”

Another Keeper Charters
Ranked #22 of 32 Tours in Englewood
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Tom McLaughlin of Another Keeper Charters specializes in deep sea fishing charters, near to shore fishing charters, Boca Grande tarpon fishing, Goliath Grouper fishing, and family fishing trips. Fish offshore for grouper, snapper, sharks, Barracuda, tuna, Cobia, King Mackerel, Goliath Grouper, Amberjack, and many more! Our 32' F/V Redemption Song custom sportfish provides ample room for 6 guests and her crew of two to spread out and relax. There is even seating for four guests in the fly bridge! The spacious cockpit and clean transom offers plenty of room for six anglers, while still allowing Capt. Tom and crew to move about the vessel freely.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Another Keeper is a keeper”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Can't say enough good about the experience on Redemption Song with Another Keeper charters. Among other things, got to catch good sized Cobia, Bull Shark, Goliath Grouper & Snapper. Captain Tom is very knowledgeable and easy going. Was a great experience and i will be back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jason W

Mountain View, Missouri, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Fishing”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had a fantastic Fishing trip with Captain Tom and Another Keepers Charter.
They exceeded our expectations for the size and quantity of Fish that we caught.
We had 5 people on the boat in addition to Captain Tom and the first mate Jordan, there was ample room for all of us. They kept us in Fish while other boats struggled to find fish.
At the end of each day we were exhausted from reeling in fish.
I highly reccomend Captain Tom, and we will Fish with him again.
Other members of our party said that it was the best trip they had ever been on.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Roger Y
Kingston, Massachusetts, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Two great trips with Capt Tom”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked a trip with Capt. Tom last May to fish for goliath group. It was myself and three friends. We enjoyed the first trip so much that we called back the next day and booked a second trip for later in the week .
Tom delivered on the goliath grouper and a whole lot more. We all caught at least one 300+ lb. goliath group on the first day as well as lots barracuda, grouper, bonito and amberjack. The second trip we got more goliath group, two nice permit and more barracuda, grouper, bonita and amberjack. Both trips we had action all day. On the second trip we also hooked a 400+ lb. hammerhead that we took turns fighting for almost two hours before it broke off right at the boat, quite a thrill.
Capt. Tom knows his stuff, He and his mate were real nice guys and very easy to deal with. his boat Redemption Song was comfortable and his equipment first class. I highly recommend Capt. Tom.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Denis L
Polk City, Florida, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING CHARTER CAPTAIN AND FISHING!!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Captain Tom McLaughlin is an amazing charter captain and provides a wonderful experience. My grandfather and I have repeatedly used Another Keeper Charters for a little over two years and we dont have any plans to discontinue using them. Captain Tom is a great guy and an even greater fisherman. Although I can't gaurantee you'll catch a fish, I can gaurantee that Captain Tom doesn't give up easily. He will go to many of his favorite locations as far as a few miles away or he'll stumble upon a school of fish, either way he does what he possibly can to provide an amazing experience.He doesn't over book like many other charter captains do. His deckhand Jordan is a really good guy that will never make you feel left out when Captain Tom is navigating to the fishing spots. Captain Tom is an avid activist against the PTTS in Boca Grande that is killing the Tarpon fishery. If you want to have a family friendly time, high action fishing and want to feel like you've made two new friends then Another Keeper Charters is for you! We definitely would recommend this charter to family and friends for many years to come.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Joseph C
Ramrod Key, Florida
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Goliath Grouper Giants - Bucket List Item Checked Off”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I did not know when I booked my fishing trip with Capt Tom that he was the local expert on the goliath grouper fishery and had special permission and responsibilities for research. This greatly enhanced my fishing experience. We started the day by catching little tunny for extra bait before anchoring up and fishing. The gear was 400lb mono with the drag set to release at between 75 and 90 lbs of pressure with a .8 to 1 gear ratio. That means that you can't physically hold the pole and it is placed in the fighting chair AND Jordan, the BEST DECKHAND ON THE PLANET, has to run in back of you to stand on the chair for extra weight. I don't think that one minute went by without getting attacked by a Goliath Grouper. The largest went just over 7 feet long and the smallest was just under 4 feet long. We had the privilege of bringing on board the smaller groupers so that DNA and age samples could be taken along with placing a tag. I had the rare and normally illegal experience of holding one of the groupers but the FL fisheries dept wanted the photo showing the green tag successfully placed. All fish were lively and frisky as they swam back to their homes. I loved watching Jordan's face as he went up against the fish getting them to take the bait. He truly knows and loves these fish. On the way in we saw eagle rays jumping out of the water and took photos of huge dolphin playing in the wake of our boat. I couldn't have asked for a better day. The fishing was so good, we ran out of bait. The cost of our afternoon trip was $625 and we definitely only needed 1/2 day to fight these bruisers. Capt Tom has his equipment finely tuned for goliaths and I wouldn't go with anyone else. The fights are short and incredibly intense with the first 15 seconds determining if you will land the fish or not. If you give the fish a chance to turn, its over because it is too powerful to stop at that point and they get into the rocks.

Visited June 2012