“Re: Eggs Benedict a Must”
Review of Vino Loco

Vino Loco
Ranked #2 of 114 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As featured in Coastal Living and Harbor Style Magazines, Vino Loco is more than a restaurant. Many of the ingredients utilzed in our Organic Dishes, such as Artisan Cheeses, Charcuterie, Olive Oils and Marconna Almonds are available to take home. Chef Katrina prepares exciting gourmet fare which change weekly. Our upscale but casual atmosphere is conducive to relaxing, whether inside or on our outdoor patio. Enjoy a glass of wine from our extensive pour list! Take home a chilled bottle from our cooler or a yummy red from the retail wine and gift shop. Be sure to check our website for Wine Tastings, Dinners and other exciting events. Our Catering Service offers an array of scrumptious dishes prepared just for you by our highly skilled staff. You can even rent Vino Loco for your own special occasion. See you there!
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went with my father & husband on a friends recommendation for the brunch. All 3 of us have eaten eggs benedict across this fine country and none of the compared to Vino Loco's. That is the best hollandaise sauce I ever had. My husband enjoyed it so much he dreamt about it.There are so many things on the menu that we want to try, we will for surely be back. Brunch is on Sundays only but check the internet for the weekly menu, it changes every Thursday.

1  Thank RCLB

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been stopping in at Vino Loco regularly for a couple of years now. What a great place!! I bring all of my friends there to experience the cozy atmosphere and lively intelligent conversations, drink the fabulous wine and nosh on out-of-this-world tapas! And to think, it's right here in sleepy Englewood!! The menu specials change once a week, there is a top-notch Sunday brunch served, the food is focused on fresh....and I do mean fresh! the Chef shops at our local farmer's market!!! and many dishes are geared towards vegetarian and vegan! Can you believe it??? The wine shop is loaded with exceptional wines, both top shelf and value choices, and there is a cold case where you can get imported cheeses, almonds, olives and meats and house-made hummus. Please, please PLEASE stop in and let Joyce take care of you. Her wine knowledge is superb and you won't be disappointed. The only people who walk away disappointed EVER are fools with no class! and they shouldn't be coming in anyway.....go to the beer bar down the street!!!!

Furthermore Joyce and Chef Katrina are experts in catering. They know how to throw a party!....evidenced by their always sold-out wine dinners!!! Ignore the reviewer who felt she was treated poorly....the communication breakdown was on her end. Joyce and her team really extend themselves as hosts, caterers, and locally involved people. They are involved/organizers of wine walk events for the local community and Joyce runs a farmer's market on Dearborn street on Thursdays. Seriously you need to meet this women and drink some wine with her. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Patricia Lynn S
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Tucked away in "downtown" Englewood is Vino Loco, a wine, cigar and tapas bar that puts many a big city locale to shame. With al fresco seating that's both cigar and pet friendly, fresh tapas and a huge wine selection from bargains to high-end vintages, this is a great place to pass an afternoon people watching.

The owner knows all her stock and will gladly help you make the right wine choice. There's a retail bottle shop in the back so you can take some of your favorites home.

Definitely a place to come back to!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very surprised you got some bad press-I guess you can't please everyone. We have been enjoying Vino Loco since it opened and have seen it go from good to great. From staying open on New Year's Eve to serving 8 on short notice to brunch and dinners to a very special birthday party, we've always been happy with the food and service. You just keep getting better! Thanks Joyce, Katrina and Charlie.

1  Thank Nan W
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I called Vino Loco to order bubbly for my mom's birthday dinner at a local beach club. Joyce said she was a member and would deliver herself, by 3pm so it could be chilled there. I said that's great, they can have a glass when they all arrive and watch the sunset. I thought this was the perfect gift for my mom and friends. I reconfirmed with her by 3pm and she said yes. Great. Gave her my credit card number, called the club to let them know and waited for my mom's surprise. Tonight, nearly four hours late, I am told by my dad (who was in on the secret) that nothing arrived. I called Vino Loco and a hurried man said Joyce wasn't there and there's no way to reach her. (Delivery but no cell phones? Really?) I call the club and they say nothing has been delivered. It's nearly 7pm. Finally, a call from the Joyce woman (apparently she purchased a cell phone which was why she was four hours delayed?) who made all sorts of excuses: 1) My watch stopped at 4:30. Umm ok, but you promised it by 3:00.... 2) I have problems with it going early so I chilled it myself. Ummm, doesn't do any good if it's at your shop 3) It's good with dinner. They can drink it now.... I finally told her that if she had ANY business/customer service sense she would apologize and then stop talking. Her response. "I apologized! It was the first thing I said." Should have been the last thing. What a horrible experience. Ruined surprise and ruined mood. BLECH.

Barcelona420, Owner at Vino Loco, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

We were asked by this customer to deliver wine to a dinner party at a private club, which dinner was to begin around 6. When the wine was delivered it was initially accepted. The wine was already chilled and the dinner party was just being seated. We were then advised by another employee that this customer had left instructions to refuse the wine. The wine was subsequently returned to our shop without charge to the customer. There was obviously a mix up on the delivery time. We have tried on more than one occasion to speak with this customer to no avail. She has not been charged for anything. In the seven years we have been in business, the few times we have had issues arise, they have been quickly resolved to the customer's satisfaction. I'm sorry we were unable to do so in this instance.