“Great view, Average experience ”
Review of Gulf View Grill

Gulf View Grill
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: QOverlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and great food. Voted best of the best year after year.
“Great view, Average experience ”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

The place had very nice interior design and the view was GREAT. The food and drinks were good; however, I felt as though it was a bit over priced. The service was very poor, when it wasn't even that busy. I loved the bar down under. Very friendly bartender and great and fast drinks!

Florida
“Some good and some so-so”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

My husband and I have lived in this area for many years, but had never dined at Gulf View Grill. We recently dined on a Sat. night and had mixed reactions. The food was good--not great--but good. The bread was dry and flavorless. Service was good . The view was nice. My husband is immune-suppressed right now and is able to dine out but cannot have any fresh food--only cooked. This was the first restaurant that we have eaten at in 6 months that would not let him substitute a vegetable for a salad. I even talked to the manager when she happened to walk by and she said the owners would not allow any substitutions. A restaurant manager should try to make things right with a customer within reason and this is certainly within reason. We didn't ask for anything out of the ordinary. I thought it was ludicrous. For this reason, I would not return and would certainly not recommend this restaurant to any one else.

2 Thank KatGio
Venice, Florida
“Longtime Favorite”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

It has been a while since our last visit to Gulfview Grill, we prefer the slower season. Our waitress, Kim did a wonderful job serving a party of nine. All our appetizers, main courses and drinks arrived properly and on time. Our glasses always kept filled. Our meals varied and covered a good sampling of most of what the menu had to offer and everyone was satisfied. I have been dining at Gulfview for a number of years now, and would recommend it to anyone living in or visiting the area.
The location just across from the beach is terrific, and offers a superb view of the magnificent sunsets. I have not tried out the new tiki bar, but it looked inviting and worth a try.

Auburn, Indiana
“Rib-eye versus Fillet”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hungry for steak. My wife ordered the surf and turf which included a 6 oz fillet ordered medium which came well done w/ no grill flavor and 2 stuff shrimp. I ordered 10 oz rib-eye, medium, tasted prefect, both dinners included bread, salad and potato of choice. We dinned close to sun set and where lucky enough to get a great view as the sun went down.

Millsboro, DE
“Good food....very nice view!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We enjoyed this restaurant for its view and its food, but it was a bit noisy when we were there with folks at the bar upstairs (near our table) being quite loud. We were there a bit before sunset and had to lower the blinds a bit as the sun was shining directly in our faces....but once we did that, we were fine. There are lots of fun paintings adorning this place as you make your way from the parking area to the upstairs eating area, so take the time to enjoy them.....there are even some in the elevator. The service was very good and we enjoyed our food and beverages and would go back there again.

• Visited May 2014