“Great Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gulf View Grill

Gulf View Grill
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in Englewood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: QOverlooking the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and great food. Voted best of the best year after year.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I visited this restaurant on a busy Friday night just after Christmas. I was with my retired parents, one of whom is a bit of a curmudgeon. We chose to sit in the bar area rather than at a table. Frank was our server and was very helpful in putting together a table for the three of us and managed the curmudgeon well. I had the fried green bean appetizer, the french onion soup, a caesar salad, and the broiled scallops. The green bean appetizer was good, the french onion soup was amazing, the caesar salad was average and the broiled scallops were very good. I would definitely go back. The ambience was good and the service was friendly. I grew up in the area and would say this restaurant is one of the better ones on the beach.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Elevated dining, elegant setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Great place all decked out for Christmas. Directly across from the beautiful public beach, huge glass windows for watching the sunset from your table, and great food.

Visited December 2013
Englewood, Florida
“Catered affair........wedding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Met with Mike to plan my son's wedding. He made everything so easy with his recommendations.
On the day of the wedding mike was there all the time. Everything was done as we had planned. Mike went above and beyond to make sure everything went well. The banquet room is beautiful.

Englewood, Florida
“Always Consistent..., and a Beautiful View of the Gulf of Mexico....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Gulfview Grill us a landmark restaurant in Englewood, Florida.... The Restaurant over looks the Gulf of Mexico which is spectacular, but even after Sunset, this restaurant puts a smile on your face with the Coastal decor, and delicious food and drinks... The Service and food are excellent, and if you get a spot in the bar, ask for Frank....he will take excellent care of you, and always has a smile on his face....

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Awesome food, drinks, and ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came down to Florida for a reprieve from the northeast cold. We made reservations for Christmas Eve at 5pm. We were seated right away. We ordered a crab cake appetizer. My husband had the prime rib and I ordered the short ribs. I don't eat seafood, but after a taste of the crab cake, I couldn't get enough! It was so creamy and the sauce was spicy deliciousness! I ordered the short ribs on a recommendation from an employee, and, boy, am I glad I did! I usually love a good filet, but when given a choice in the future, will order short ribs instead! And talk about a view! Our reservation T 5pm meant that we would get to see the sun set. simply spectacular!

We enjoyed our visit so much, we went back 2 nights later and sat at the bar. We started off with drinks. I had the yummiest specialty drink called a "caramel apple". It was so tasty, I had to order another! As far a dinner is concerned, my husband ordered the blackened mahi and I, feeling brave after my yummy drinks, ordered the Cajun swordfish. Boy, am I glad I did! It was AWESOME! And my husband's fish... Let's just say I didn't let him waste any leftovers! I can't wait to visit the Gulf View Grill again!!!