“OUTSTANDING!!!!”

Gulf View Grill
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Englewood
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Only a 2 minute stroll from the beautiful Gulf of Mexico offering spectacular sunsets and superb food. Voted best of the best year after year. We have a banquet facility for events and specialize in Weddings and set up Beachside Weddings , as well .
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We believe, and we've been to many, the BEST restaurant around! The four of us ordered different dinners(swordfish, salmon and chicken) and they were all too die for!!! One of the side options was a mango coleslaw....unbelievably delicious. Each dish was magnificently prepared and presented. We came casually attired and fit right in. We did eat in the main dining area and the view was spectacular. You overlook Englewood beach and see out to the horizon. There is also a bar area, which appeared very down to earth and friendly. The owners, Margie & Keyes, introduced themselves to each table in the dining area to be certain everything was to your liking. We found them later mingling amongst the bar crowd and enjoying everyone's company. And, on top of all that, the prices were EXTREMELY reasonable for a five-star restaurant. We can't return soon enough!!! Absolutely the BEST restaurant!!!!

Reviewed November 12, 2010

After enjoying an awesome sunset on the beach on Sept 30, 2010, my best friend and I walked across the street to enjoy the Thursday Prime Rib special for my birthday. As we cozied into our corner window seat and enjoyed the view, our lovely waitress told us that they had just run out of their prime rib special....but upon hearing that it was my birthday she went to see what she could do....and came back with a smile and said the chef was able to get two more prime ribs for us! Well, these cuts were fit for a Queen, cooked to perfection (med-rare) served with au jus and a creamy horseradish sauce as well as fresh baked dinner rolls, delish raspberry vinagrette salad, baked potatoes, and grilled fresh veggies. Then, after finishing our meal, our waitress surprised me with a complimentary double-scoop ice cream sundae with a candle in it for my birthday (and two spoons so we could share!) As we left the restaurant, everyone thanked us for coming and wished me a very happy birthday.....the perfect ending to a superb dining experience!
Our waitress went above and beyond the call to accommodate us. My best friend and I are already planning a return visit for this December (definitely on a Thursday....the prime rib really is SPECTACULAR!!) The Gulview Grill is now my FAVORITE restaurant and I cannot wait to return!

2  Thank eileenkrick
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I wanted to spend a quiet dinner at this restaurant, but reality diverged from theory very quickly. My wife ordered a fish dinner. The waitress instead brought the special of the day, which my wife didn't want. My wife asked again for the fish dinner she requested. The fish was supposed to be pan seared. The specimen the waitress brought was horrible looking - slimy, no pan searing of any sort. My wife bit into it and it was undercooked, almost raw. She requested it be done properly. They offered clam chowder while she waited. Unfortunately, the clam chowder was devoid of clam. It had a lot of sherry. Perhaps staff thought if she got drunk, she might forget what a horrible experience she was having. The fish finally arrived - after I had completely finished my meal - and it appeared satisfactory, but the garlic potatoes that accompanied the fish were cold. They brought another plate of potatoes. We finally finished after about a 2 hour ordeal. We were very unhappy with our experience. When we received the bill, we were floored to find they wanted to charge full price for my wife's meal. I basically said that was preposterous. The waitress wanted me to speak with the hostess, which I did. When I spoke with her, I expressed by dissatisfaction and noted that I had completely eaten my dinner before my wife was served. She spouted something to the effect, "I saw that." Wait, you saw that, but wanted to still charge us full price for her meal? Then she proceeded to tell me that she would subtract my wife's meal from the bill, all the while trying to give us the impression that she was doing us some great favor. Never once did she offer up an apology. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. At least have the decency to say you're sorry. I can take the bad meal more than the condescending attitude I saw. Apparently management has the locals geared to thinking they have to accept anything this sorry-excuse-for-management chooses to dish up. It's the old story: fool me once, your fault; fool me twice, my fault. We'll never return. Once it more than bad enough.

9  Thank gol10go4
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I have lived in Englewood for 45 years and have found that this restaurant consistantly offers the best atmosphere, service, prices, food and drink specials that you can find in Englewood and all of the surrounding areas, from hot dogs to chilean sea bass we have had it all. casual attire, local prices and great sunsets. They offer the best happy hour that last all day and night at the bar. We just love this place and frequent it often...

2  Thank bud9346
Reviewed August 13, 2010

reviews of this restaurant hinted at being a great place to go to... my experience as a family group of 4 adulta and 1 11yr old was disapppointing.
Food menu seemed ok but service was slowish and the meals all have cold vegetables and fries.. an unsympathetic response at the end of the evening confirmed it as a place to avoid

6  Thank sharrocksptf