“Anniversary Trip”

Weston's WannaB Inn
Marion, Indiana
“Anniversary Trip”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Just got back from a great week at Weston's WannaB. The weather was great, fishing was good and everyone was extremely friendly, including the other guests. The staff was very efficient; anything we needed or asked for was taken care of immediately. The accommodations were adequate, nothing fancy, but when you can walk out your door to the ocean or see the dolphins from your bed, who needs more? My wife was extremely pleased with the privacy of the beach. The state park next to our building was always busy, but we had plenty of space on our private beach. I spent most of my time fishing in the bay across the street. Night time fishing for snook was very exciting. If there was one drawback, I just couldn't make myself trust the propane motors on the boat rentals, not knowing how much fuel was left. I would highly recommend this resort for anyone except for college-aged party type. Perfect for families and retired folks.

Room Tip: All rooms have adequate location. We chose beachfront which was exceptional.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Got to do Manasota Key-Florida's best kept secret! Terrific service and amazing location. Make sure you walk through Stump Pass state park all the way to the end-Amazing location-easy to reach-right from your room.

Room Tip: Great get away right on the Gulf! Loved it!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank candyladybucky
Boston
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our first time staying, we loved it, had a room facing the ocean, it was so comfortable, spotless, quiet and overall a wonderful surprise. Most enjoyed our coffee on the balcony. If we had to say one negative thing..we wish the balcony had a little more privacy between rooms, we did feel like we were sitting with the people on both sides of us..too bad there was not something like lattice work between the balconys. But we would stil go back there next time we are in Englewood.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Our room was extremely clean, cheerful and well equipped for a four night stay. We were only steps away from the beach and could easily walk across the street to watch the sunrise each morning over the bay. I loved being so close to the park at the end of the key. We enjoyed lots of walking around the Stump Pass Park and on tbe beach. What a wonderful getaway!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JoanySussman
North Salem, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed in room 126, which is located in Sand Dollar Circle, on the gulf side. From the moment I checked in until I checked out, I was impressed. Check in was fast and friendly. When I went to my room I was more than satisfied. There was not a thing I needed. It was all there. My doorway was only 25 yards from the water. The room was very well maintained and very clean. The walkways were spotless. The sand on the beach was clean of any debris. My 7 year old Grandson came to see me while I was there and wanted to go in the pool. It was chilly out. The pool was clear, clean, and heated to 72 degrees. There are several restaurants and bars within walking distance(I like to walk). Stump Pass Beach State Park is right there. Awesome place to hike and chill. Wherever I went I saw someone from the staff. They were all very friendly and asking if I needed anything. All in all I could not have asked for a better place to stay. There are many different types of rooms to choose from. Check the web site and look at them all. Thank you Wanna B for a great time. I WILL be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank dweebie1
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Room 125 (1 bedroom). Steps from the beach, dolphins playing in the ocean, beautiful sunsets.
Quirky, cute, clean! Great Location. Book Early for Jan. - April stays ! And the best way to book a room is via their web site.
More like a rental condo, where you might want to bring a few essentials, bring your own hair dryer, alarm clock, beach towels and coffee. Staying for more than a few days you may need extra toilet paper, paper towels, maybe some extra towels. There is no Maid service. READ the FAQ's on their web site for more information. There are laundry facilities on site.
One Bedroom has small kitchenette with decent size fridge, older small 4 burner stove and oven (don't plan on cooking a turkey in it!), small microwave, coffee maker (no coffee). Plates, silverware, pots, pans (limited but decent amount - place setting for 4, but really how many more people are you going to get in a one bedroom unit!).
In the main room where the kitchen is, is also a small kitchen table with four chairs, sleeper sofa (kind of old, but clean), one recliner chair, 1 flat screen tv., telephone on the wall.
Not much counter space in bathroom, small vanity but has storage space underneath, no tub just nice large walk-in shower, shower head is nice and tall. Could have used a little more bleach in the corners of the shower but overall nice and clean.
Walk in Closet !! Lots of room for bags, clothes etc.
Great queen bed (Tempur-Pedic), sheets clean and crisp. 1 dresser with mirror in bedroom, and two night stands with two drawers.
Internet pretty slow, some sections especially close to the gulf side no cell service inside the unit. But you can just walk outside and it will work.
This unit is right on the gulf beach, so a little salt pitting on metal is understandable.
I was able to look inside one of the efficiency units in the Sea Star and they are small and a little cramped, especially for a week or two stay, compared to the 1 bedroom unit .
Again LOOK at the Site Map on their Web site for the room that you want !

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed here for a week over New Years, and it was wonderful!!! It's recently been renovated, so beds are very comfortable, bathrooms are spotless and very modern, and I've never met a friendlier staff! One of my favourite things about the resort is where it is situated. On one side is Lemon Bay, and the other the Gulf of Mexico! It's also at the end of the street, so it's very quiet with minimal traffic. The buildings are very well spaced out, so it feels like a small intimate community, you never feel like you're in a crowded resort. Steps away is the Stump Pass Beach State Park, with a gorgeous sandy walking trail. The town is a nice 20 minute walk away, with lots of unique shops and restaurants. This place is perfect for couples and families alike...there's no way you'll get bored here, always something to do!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sue_asselstine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Inn at the Beach
#4 of 10 in Englewood
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
#8 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Weston's WannaB Inn? Share your experiences!