“Wonderful Vacation Thank's to everyone at Weston's I did not want to leave and cant wait to rebook.”

Weston's WannaB Inn
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Weston's staff and the Inn made my vacation five star, Thank You everyone for making me fill right at home. My Husband and I brought our 5 year old Grandson with us and having the Ocean at our front door and the pool at our back door was perfect,I can not wait to rent room 105 again.
The room was very clean,fresh linen's and plenty to last our entire stay.
The pool was so nice and clean,the beach is wonderful,they are making improvement,s everyday,but I thought it was perfect. If you happen to forget anything or need a grill all you have to do is ask and it appears.
I do not understand how anyone could not relax at this place, also let me mention the other guest that we met were like seeing old friends everyone was wearing a smile on thier face, I did not incounter any problems or rude people everyone really was wonderful.
If you want to relax on a beautiful beach were none bothers you and you do not have to worry about anything...Try Weston's if you can not be happy there... I really feel sorry for you, because nothing in this world would make you happy,also I love the WebSite It is perfect,I will upload the most beautiful sunset as soon as I unpack.
I really wanted to write this first and say Thank You also we will be back to stay again soon.
July 2013
Bonita Jean Connell

Room Tip: Room 105 is my choice, everything was perfect.
1  Thank Jean C

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

OMG!!!!! This place is a total JOKE! Their website is a TOTAL joke and lie. The place isn't "new"... Or improved.... It's in the process of remodeling.... Yet, they are still renting rooms to people. we stayed in the MANATEE MANOR (one bedroom). It's on the bay side, I thought we would get a lot of fishing in, but we didn't bc let's see our dock was being "remodeled". We were never told........ Never once did we know of this. This was the worst place we've stayed at.... In our whole entire life's. This place is soooo outdated, smelled terrible, and was just dirty. The BED HAD HOSPITAL SHEETS ON IT AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE A FITTED SHEAT... Had flat sheets for the bottom!!!!!! There was part of the baseboard falling off in the kitchen area, there were hairs in the bedroom. (Looked like pubic hairs) Disgusting! The place was soooo dirty!!!! Silverware drawer had a HUGE COACH ROACH in it, :/ OMG SOO NASTY!!!!!!!! There was also dead cock roaches in the trash can(in the bottom). NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Ward2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and his family have been coming to this wonderful Resort for over 60 years! Weston's has updated the pools (2), all of the landscaping, several (3) docks, the boat launch, painted all the outside buildings; and updated almost every interior = WONDERFUL LOCATION!! The staff (Valerie and Bobby) are Top Notch!! The fishing, swimming, beach walking, relaxing, meeting new people is just more than words can express! We LOVE Weston's WannaB Inn!!! Can't wait to get back!

3  Thank K T
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Another great time at the Weston's, peaceful , relaxing and great fishing . Many improvements since our last visit with more in the works. We can't wait to make another trip and see all the changes.Staff were all GREAT and helpful and quick to respond to needs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jsrichey29
Reviewed July 12, 2013

A bit long, but a MUST READ review, if you are interested in a true review!!

Weston’s Wanna B Inn has made some serious improvements in the last year. They’ve made a serious investment in paint! I’ve been visiting this ‘resort’ for years with family and friends. It’s a great locale for a family getaway, and the inter-coastal and private beach access is one of its biggest draws for us. And my family and I aren’t snobby vacationers, we are big fans of Hampton Inn when traveling and identify as middle class. With that said, prior to new management, this place was becoming a dump. I can appreciate that not everything can be improved overnight, however the improvements on the outside are not consistent with what is going on inside, and frankly this was very disappointing. And side note: what the heck is going on with the 20+ new palm trees (beachfront facing) that have now obstructed room views of the ocean, beach and beautiful sunrise and sunsets? We found this addition incredibly unfortunate and disappointing. (Note to Management: Palm trees don’t offer that much shade if that is what you were going for or was it for the aesthetics? Most beach goers will bring an umbrella or tent if they do want shade. You have severely compromised the space for people to lay out, cook, or play games with the trees everywhere! Very poor investment.

Here are a few issues we experienced while staying at Weston’s Wanna B Inn (and I’ve posted pictures with this review):
- Mold and mildew in showers
- Dirty, dust filled vents in almost every room
- Rusted and pitted door locks and toilet paper rolls
- Burn hole in bed sheet
- When sheets removed from bed, human hairs, and dirt, on mattress pad
- Half inch thick dirt, dust, and mold in almost all of the window sills
- Ceiling panel cracked
- Severely warped paint separating itself from the wall
- Live roach under bed comforter when removed from the bed (1st thing we always do. But ewwww, NOT the way to start a vacation)
- Kitchen advertised as fully stocked, and it was not. If we hadn’t known from previous visits to bring our own, pots, pans, utensils, our vacation would have gotten that much more expensive having to visit Wal-Mart for what we needed
- Before checking out, guests are asked to wash the dishes, glasses, utensils they used during their stay, which makes you think that HOUSEKEEPING doesn’t wash them in between stays and you have to trust that the guests before you actually cleaned them. Not very sanitary if you ask me!
- A tent card under the bed indicating that housekeeping vacuumed under the bed was a bit of a joke considering all of the filth in other parts of the efficiency.
- Very dated stoves in the kitchens run extremely hot, and routinely burn your dishes, if you aren’t careful.
- Management needs to get a handle on their reservations and the details of each, many people in our party had issues with missing reservations, trailers, boat slips, etc. And staff’s attitudes and customer service is sub par. There is a lot of, “Sorry, there is nothing we can do for you.”, “Oh sorry, we made a mistake”, “Just go online and make your reservation, we are really busy”.

Please don’t get me wrong, I understand that this is a beach front property and salt air is hard to keep up with, but dirt and filth is a different story!

I sincerely hope that the improvements continue, but it would be very hard to bring back our group, if it stayed the same as it is now. We plan to visit in 6 months to survey their progress before we decide to make our next reservation.

5  Thank A D
WestonsWannaBInn, Manager at Weston's WannaB Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this thorough and informative review. First, we wish to apologize for the negative experience you had with the condition of your unit. Our resort consists of 80 units - of which 52 units have been completely renovated and updated. The other units have been refreshed, but we are continuing to upgrade and improve these units. The issues that you raised are of deep concern to us, as this room was not to our cleanliness or room condition standards and we are taking immediate action to correct this. We are also performing a complete review of all units and procedures to ensure that our guests not encounter this type of experience in the future. Our goal is to ensure that our resort is a place where all of our visitors have a top-notch experience and are anxious to return. We hope that you give us another opportunity to see the improvements we have made and to earn your repeat business.

wannaB Management,

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nothing fancy - just good clean comfortable rooms. Everything was great. We drive 9 hours to get to our special beach. It's not crowded and lots of good places to eat near by. Queen bed is a little smaller then what we are used to but the overall stay was just what we were looking for - relaxation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank YayainSC
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been looking for a little get away, without driving for hours to get there...and we drove to Englewood Beach and then found your place.. We booked our stay from July 3rd to July 7th. We stayed at the Sand Dollar in room 327. We had a relaxing,nice, clean room with a Great View !!! I invited my brother and his family to have burgers with us on Saturday, we went swimming at the beach as well as in the pool, and enjoyed every minute. I told them that I am thinking of staying again for the Labor Day Weekend, and they said that if their schedule permits, they would like to get a place here as well, because they liked it....

I would say the only thing that I addressed to the office, and then to the cleaning crew ladies(on Friday morning) was the trash cans they were so full, flies everywhere, and the smell, I was assured 2 different times that a Maintenance Person would be there shortly to take care of it, and when I was checking out on Sunday (2 days later) and taking out our trash, there was NO place to put it, as Nothing was done, and others were putting their trash on the ground....

Will see you again....soon

Room Tip: I enjoyed the end unit on 3rd floor of the Sand Dollar, great breeze, view and the scenery of beach...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank italygirlfl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Sun Life Beach Hotel
#1 of 10 in Englewood
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
Englewood Lighthouse Resort
#3 of 13 in Englewood

Been to Weston's WannaB Inn? Share your experiences!