My family had a two night stay here at the end of December. We stayed in a second room floor in building "M" (see http://wannabinn.com). The room was facing the ocean. The balcony was maybe 50 feet from the water front. The beach is not crowded. The Key is mostly residential I believe. This particular building is the southernmost one on the key and the stump pass state park borders the building! We did find a handful of small sharks teeth. Red tide was in action but that is mother natures doing not hotel management! Staff seemed friendly and the room looked nicer than the pictures on their website which was a plus! We did have a few issues. It rained when we got there are we were a bit cold and wet. The electronic ac/heating unit was not heating. Fortunately the HVAC guys were onsite and had it working about and hour later. I did notice both power surges and drops periodically. Not sure if there was electrical maintenance going on in the area or if this was particular to our room or building. The second night it got quite cold outside so in the wee hours of the morning I went to put the heater on and it again was not functional (giving some new error code this time). The WIFI signal was only showing 1 or 2 bars on my itouch and would often drop entirely. Hanging out near the main office the signal was very strong. Checkin is after 3pm and checkout by 10am. Not sure if these are standard but a tighter window would be a plus! They did let us stay parked on the premises so we could do a little shark tooth hunting! The sleeper sofa was REALLY lacking in cushioning from the springs. Maybe ok for a youngster but not an adult.
1) VERY good rates
2) Really great location especially if you prefer being close to the ocean and a little away from everyone.
3) nice rooms and clean (with stove, microwave, fridge and toaster - don't recall a coffee maker)
4) friendly staff
1) Issues with heating or electrical in general (at least in our room anyway)
2) sleeper sofa rather harsh
3) wifi signal may be very weak at end of property
4) checkin/checkout times as noted above (maybe normal I'm not sure)
Would I come back? I certainly would try them again. If the electrical issue(s) were corrected it would have made for a very pleasant stay. Hopefully that was a temp problem. The potential to be a really nice place is there if they can correct a few minor kinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find Quiet Solitude Walking Along An Uncrowded Stretch Of Beautiful Beach. Calm The Stress With A Relaxing Dip In One Of Our Two Pools. Kick Back And Fish Off Our Docks To Your Heart's Content. 900 Feet Of Beautiful Beach Front, 500 Feet Of Bay Front, Swimming Pools, Boat Ramp, And Docks At Weston’s wannaB inn, we strive to provide equal access to our accommodations for all, including those with disabilities. Due to the original date of construction of our facility, some features may not be available for assistance with all disability needs. Please carefully review the listed features for your desired room selection prior to confirming your reservation. Our friendly Reservation Specialists will be pleased to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Weston's WannaB Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Weston`s Hotel Englewood