“just aweful”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I should have walked out when I noticed how dirty the floors were but proceeded to our table anyway. That is when I noticed the sticky residue on the seat at our table. The waiter promptly wiped it down and we were seated. The rolls are kind of sweet but just OK. The bourbon hickory salmon I ordered had a funny taste to it I am sure I will pay for later. The cheddar mashed potatoes were also really sweet and runny. I chose not to eat those and requested fries instead thinking they couldn't possibly screw that up. The manager came to ask us if everything was OK and inquired why we left the mashed potatoes. I explained I didn't care for them as they were sweet and runny. Both of which mashed potatoes should not be. His proceeded to tell me that the sweet is because of the cheddar and that they do not make chunky mashed potatoes. A typical inexperienced manager response. I have never had a sweet cheddar cheese nor did I request chunky mash. I also do not need to have my meal explained to me. I am a very experienced cook and have never been served mash like that in my life. It tasted like soggy Cheese popcorn. Just awful! On top of all this the restrooms were filthy and smelled urine and bad perfume. For what they charge for this swill, I expect quality, not excuses. Save your money and eat elsewhere. This place is a kitchen nightmare.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My niece got sick, she was thinking the entire time she ate half her steak that it tasted funny....described it as gamey tasting...she ended up getting sick a few times that night. I had the salmon which was drastically dried out. I've eaten there once before, the food is very inconsistent in quality from my two experiences and according to friends I've met in Ellenton.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had the petite steak it was tender and very delicious, sugar snap peas and sweet potato fries. I have had ribs there before and they are delicious. We always get really friendly service here. Nice atmosphere, quiet enough that we can have a nice conversation without yelling.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was OK. A restaurant within 100 yds of my hotel. Ate at the bar and the bartender(female)was sort of going through the motions.Food was OK.It's a Ruby Tuesday's. it is what it is.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Standard fare is offered at this chain. Service was good, but food was just average. I think you could find more interesting cuisine in the area.

Been to Ruby Tuesday? Share your experiences!