“UNHAPPY TO REPORT THIS RESTAURANT IS CLOSED”
Review of Crab Trap II - CLOSED

Crab Trap II
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

It appears that not enough people liked old fashioned home cooked meals in a non stereotypical atmosphere. Too bad. I will miss it.

4  Thank Barbara M

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is average and I think it is overpriced for what you get. I was not very impressed, although the view is beautiful and that is the draw here. The insides are quite old fashioned and definitely needs an update.

2  Thank Tampa_FloridaKaren
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We were taken to the Crab Trap this evening by friends who just loved this restaurant. How disappointed we were to hear that this was there last night in business. We must say that even though the help was given their notice when they reported for work, they did a wonderful job of both preparing the food and serving it. We had great service and a delicious meal. I like to thank our terrific waitress, Maureen, who did a great job. So sorry to see a place like this go!
Diane-Sarasota

5  Thank DF S
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The resturant is over looking a small lake very nice. The crab cakes are some of the best I have eaten.

1  Thank Rick G
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We have been to Lee's Crab Trap many times as it is very close to our home. On our most recent visit on March 31st we found that the food was inconsistent. Our party was split on the opinions of their entrees. My D-I-L and I enjoyed our entrees (Crab Cakes and Grouper Almondine) while my husband and son were not so happy with theirs (Chicken Cordon Bleu and Caribbean Chicken).

Our party of 4 adults arrived around 6:30 PM with our 4 year old and 8 month old grandsons. We were seated immediately and from the outset, our waitress Rory was excellent. She was wonderful with the kids who were a bit worn out from a long drive. She was very fast getting the kids' food out to the table. She was very cheerful and her bright personality really added to the dining experience as a whole.

The food was satisfactory and no one sent their entrees back. I believe this restaurant just needs a bit of work on it's consistency. I am sure that we will return as it is convenient and the overall dining experience is pleasant. There is also no reek of residual cigarette smoke (observed by a smoker) unlike it's former sister restaurant in Palmetto.

2  Thank kherbeck1