“Great prices after 11 pm”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #9 of 46 Restaurants in Ellenton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great mozzarella sticks and chicken quesadillas. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I had the grilled Asian Chicken Salad. Very good. Never had a bad meal at Applebee's.

The wait staff was extremely annoying. The food was delivered by a different person, not our waitress. He asked if we needed anything else and when we said no, he continued to stand there and stare at us. Less than one minute later, our waitress came up and asked if we needed anything else. Three minutes after that the "manager" came to our table. Then less than one minute after that the waitress came back. Now that is getting ridiculous.

Then I read a placard on the table that read, "You will get a free $10 certificate if the manager does not visit your table." I like to be left alone to enjoy my meal!

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Service was great and food very good. Crowded but efficient, friendly service.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have been eating here for several years and I have always had consistantly great food and service. Its right off I-75 and 301.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I first found this restaurant while driving back from Naples, and I've been a regular customer to the chain since them. Located just south of Sun City, this is a favorite stop when I visit my mother or am shopping at the outlet mall. The food is dependably good, the staff are friendly and the prices are very reasonable. It's a chain like Chili's, so if you like their food at one location, you will probably like it across the country. While mostly fried fare, they do offer excellent salads and surprisingly good steak. My wife is finicky about her steak and she has never had a bad one at Applebees. There is one thing about the restaurant that bugs her and keeps us from eating there too often. The whole dining area is laid out in ever increasing squares around the bar, and there are no interior walls. While this "open" the space, it also makes privacy impossible. Unless you are sitting by the wall, you will notice that the other tables are very close to you own. Just something to consider. For me it's not a big issue and I enjoy the food and drink. Another great bonus is the automated system which informs the staff when the food is ready or your table needs something. This means never having to "chase" down a waitress. I know people who only eat at Applebees because this system work so well.

1  Thank George N

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!