“Needs much more improvement.”
Review of Ellenton Steakhouse - CLOSED

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Don't waste your time or money - no improvements in management, menu or service. Short staffed - even when expecting a group of 20? Aside from that group, only three other tables of 2 & 3 in the place. Hostess did pick up some slack - but only one server who also was the bartender. Where's the new management & why weren't they there working if the staff didn't show up???

2  Thank sbythec

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have eaten there a number of times. They have gone through some changes and now things are looking good. Their owners Linger Lodge has been a favorite of ours and we are hoping that this location in Ellenton will be very successful because we really need them here. On our last visit we both had Rib Eye which was outstanding & we have Strip Steak in the past that was wonderful. Salads are great, friendly service. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We bought the Groupon Special.. went there last Sunday Night the 28th of October---8-people having dinner at 6pm-- I sat in the Bar area --0-- in there the service was horrible-- the young man behind the bar was more worried about texting and his I-Phone than serving--I ordered a Caesar Salad..Coconut Shrimp-baked Potato--- Salad was good.. the Shrimp-- O have to admit were excellent-- BUT NO Bread..No Dipping Sauce for Shrimp--0- Sour Cream or Butter..then when I received it--Rationed I might add--potato not warm.. Service POOR--- Food --OK--- when i left -2- people were in the place... Cannot stay in Business ------with this service and pricing..

2  Thank DandyDon21
Reviewed October 30, 2012

steak was fatty and gristly, not agood value,rather go to Cody's , high priced fatty food, will not return

1  Thank john m
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Don't waste your time or money on this place. Went last evening (Oct. 16th) @ about 6:00pm. We were promptly seated. Our server took our order for drinks (in our case - 2 iced teas - 1 sweet / 1 not, no lemon. Could she get that right? Easy stuff right? NOOOOO ... we both got unsweetened tea and no sugar on the table. After a few minutes, maybe 10, we placed our order. My dining companion ordered the homemade potato chips and dip. Waitress kind of acted like she didn't know about them or something, she said 'Okayyy?!?!' Looking at the menu on line is a lot different than looking at the menu at the restaurant. Totally different. The only steak they had was an 8 oz or 12 oz NY Strip. (I'm talking for just a steak, not with sauces and all that stuff) so we both ordered the 8 oz with loaded baked potato and salad. A couple minutes later our server came back and said they had no baked potatoes ready. OK ... it's 6:00 (or a little after by this time) and no potatoes ready? Hmmm ... shoulda been my 1st sign. So I got the steak fries, which were very good ... probably the best part of the meal!! My companion ordered the sweet potato fries. So then she brought out our salads. I looked at mine then looked at my friends ... it looked totally different. Oh well, I thought. So I peppered it and put the salad dressing on and started to mix it up when I noticed in the bottom of the bowl was some brown liquid. I got to looking closer at it and the lettuces (Couple different kinds) were nasty brown ... uck ... I said I am not eating this garbage. Oh wait, what happened to our appetizer??? Well she finally came with the chips which were so salty you couldn't eat them and no dip. I told her about the salad ... even pointed it out to her. She asked if she could bring me a fresh one. So I'm thinking 'Wait, so you're saying this wasn't fresh? You served a salad that wasn't fresh???' Then she came back with a salad that was, um, ok. Then she brought our meals ... my friends steak was cooked the way he wanted it but was tough. My steak was (and you're not gonna believe this, I hardly could) well done on one end, rare on the other end. I ordered medium rare. Am I supposed to combine a bite from each end to make it medium rare? It was tough and about 1/4 of the steak was gristle (gag). So then she wanted to take my steak back, I told her no, don't bother. Not gonna make a difference to me at this point, I'll never be back. Besides if I had waited for another one, my friend would have already finished their plate. We came there together to eat together. A few minutes later a person, I'm guessing maybe the manager, came over and asked about our meal. My friend started telling her all the problems. She walked away and came back a few minutes later after talking to our server. She told us that she was taking the appetizer off our bill. (whoopdeedoo!!) I told her it didn't matter, we would not be back. Shoulda went to the store and got our own steaks and cooked them. I could have done a better job even if I used a frying pan!! Oh, btw, the steak was not very tasty either. So, good luck to you if you go ... but I HIGHLY recommend not going there ... drive on over to Bradenton if you want a steak!! (We're from Parrish, thought it would be great to have a steakhouse on this side of the river.) Paula Brown

5  Thank PKBrown01