“Could not stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Could not stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

After arriving expecting a steakhouse type experience we received menus with few steak choices, server got drinks and never returned instead took her time talking with 2 other employees at the hostess station. After 10 to fifteen minutes waiting left $5 on table for drinks and left. No one at the hostess station said a word as we walked out in front of them. This restraraunt will fail such a shame. All caused by non existent management.

2 Thank Mike G

Palmetto, Florida
“DON'T GO THERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went there for the first time last night -- it was AWFUL!!!! Soup was lukewarm and tasteless -- no seasoning whatsoever, the dinner rolls were straight out of the microwave and hard as rocks, steaks were about a quarter of an inch thick, and very tough. What a waste of money and total disappointment. Don't make the mistake of going there.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Dianne9530
Parrish, Florida
“Horrific food!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We just left the Ellenton Steakhouse for what was our first dinner out in about 6 months. We decided to go there because they are relatively new to the area and we have been dying to try them. Well, that was a horrible mistake. $100 later, we are severely disappointed. I ordered the BEEF TOURNEDOS ala PORTABELLA. The sauce was delish but the meat was overcooked and the mushroom actually made me gag it was so burnt! My husband ordered the prime rib and he said it tasted like old meat! We happened to over hear another couple (one of the 4 in the whole restaraunt) mentioning that their food tasted "rancid". So needless to say, we are out $100 and are about to order a pizza! DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID. The food is horrible!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank apatten0828
St Pete
“Food not good - server nice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sunday afternoon, parking lot empty, one other party -- we should have known. Had a coupon and decided to try it. Who cooked the food? I order the filet mignon tips - every single piece had gristle. Chef, you're supposed to remove the silver membrane. Husband had ribs - there was a thick section of fat all across the top of the ribs. Does anybody that cook here ever taste the food? That was disgusting. Server was extremely professional/nice. I wouldn't go back if the food was free.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank EnjoyeatingoutStPete
Ellenton
“Going downhill fast...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

We ate here last night. We had a $30 coupon and figured it would be nice to find a good restaurant close. It was awful from the start. Ordered the cheese fries as an appetizer - very little cheese and all clumped in the middle, nothing on the outside edges. I ordered the 14 oz. sirloin, my husband ordered the 8 oz. filet. We both ordered salads with our meal. When our waitress brought the meal, I asked what happened to the salads and she was shocked to realize she had completely forgotten them. My sirloin was about 1/2 inch thick and once I got done cutting the fat off, I had only half a steak left. It was cooked well done (I ordered medium). My husband's filet was cooked to the right temperature but very dry. They cooked me a new steak, which was cooked properly, but the accompanying sweet potato fries were still hard and not cooked all the way through. The repacement steak I got was also loaded with fat. The waitress said that the manager cooked it for me this time, I have to question why the manager has to cook? Not once did the manager come out to apologize for the problems with our meals. We're not picky people, but this experience was very bad from the start. Their cuts of meat are lousy, the ambience of the restaurant is more like a cafeteria. I read a review from "Sarasota Sally" that raved about the food, the presentation, and the black tablecloths - no presentation whatsoever (food was just put on the plates), there were no tablecloths, just bare tables (the booths have black vinyl stapled to the table top), and in looking at the picture from that review, there were cloth napkins which don't exist in this restaurant anymore. Save your money and go somewhere else, at least Outback's steaks are consistent and a good cut.

• Visited July 2012