“Average Sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Naples, Florida
“Average Sushi”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The reviews I read before going were right! The staff is not super friendly and make you feel like you are a bother rather than customers. We did not try the Thai food but the sushi was average at best. Atmosphere was nothing special. If you are having a sushi craving, this place will work.

• Visited June 2014

Clearwater, Florida
“Took our food before we were finished!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to the restaurant around 5:30 PM. There was one other couple in the restaurant. The hostess while on a cell phone, used her free hand to wave us to a table.
The waitress came to the table once to ask if I wanted more water. She took my glass with several other empty glasses and brought me a glass back with a straw in it, hopefully mine. My husband was pretty much done, I was still grazing . The hostess came to our table and without a glance or word, quickly scooped up our plates and disappeared in a flash! It was quite bizarre. We would not recommend this restaurant, and we will not go back

St. Petersburg, Florida
“No Service at all”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

My son and I went to Tokyo Thai and Sushi for dinner April 9th. I had been there before and it was good, There were absolutely no customers in the restaurant (about 7pm on a Wednesday) which was a little odd, but no big deal to me. The hostess was very unfriendly to the point of almost seeming angry and brought two menus to a table where we sat. I asked if they served wine, and she said "Last page of menu." and walked away.

When she left, she went into the back of the restaurant, so the only people there other than my son and me were two sushi chefs. I thought she had gone into the back to get the waitress and we waited about two minutes. No hostess and no waitress. And we were the only customers in the restaurant!

We got up and left and I will not go back, which is a shame since I had remembered they had good food.

We went into Bradenton (about 15 min. away) to another place my son knew about called Thai Wasabi (I believe that was the name) in an out-of-the-way strip mall. It was very busy, but the hostess sat us right away and was very nice, as was all of the waitstaff. Plus the food was great.

Tokyo Thai and Sushi is in a great location by the Prime Outlet Mall in Ellenton and it is a shame their operations seem to be so bad.

Visited April 2014
Palmetto, Florida
“A happy visit”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've been here before and this is my 5th time. Even though I liked the food, I was very worried we won't be able to seat. Every other time I visited this place, it's always full, but I guess it's because it's a Saturaday. Today, I saw many people walking out and was afraid we wouldn't get a seat, but the busy hour was over! Seating was no problem, food is as good as always. Would totally recommend this place!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank marienciner
Parrish, Florida
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were pleasantly surprise to find this little gem. The service was good and the food was surprised good for sushi and rolls. But the Thai food was great. When they say spicy they mean spicy, just up our alley.

Visited March 2014