“Decent Location for the Value”

Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This sleep Inn is not a high end Hilton but it provides an affordable opportunity to stay in what could be a pricey hotel area. The rooms were clean and the maid service was excellent. The morning breakfast was decent but not terrific. The pool was small but well kept. The hotel is reasonably close to Siesta Key and Myaaka State Park. We were checked in by Jordan and we were told he had only been on the job for eight days. We had a problem with our remote and Jordan corrected the issue quickly. A tip of the hat goes out to Jordan and the rest of the Sleep Inn crew.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 462World_Traveler

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My family and I REALLY enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The entire staff was GREAT, especially Ann! She was extremely helpful with directions to local attractions and restaurants. (Woody’s was a great place to eat!) Our room was wonderful, comfortable and clean. We had absolutely NO issues with our stay, except that we couldn't stay longer. We will definitely stay there again if we are in the area and recommend this hotel to friends!

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was traveling solo so I could live with the squeaky bed. But I could see it would be very annoying with someone else! Otherwise the hotel was okay. I was there on a busy Easter weekend yet I rarely heard any noise outside my room like other hotels. Maybe I was just lucky? On the busy weekend, tables in the breakfast area filled up and people were hovering for a place to sit. So get there early or late to miss the crowd. During the week wasn't a problem. Like most hotels, eggs, sausage and other hot breakfast items are mediocre. So I skip them and have a toasted bagel or muffin instead. Later in the afternoon, there were warm chocolate chip cookies in the lobby which were good. The thing I like most about this hotel was I could walk a short distance to Woody's River Roo Pub & Grill just down the street. It's right on the water and they have live music at night. I would stay at this hotel again if I was in the area. The price was definitely right.

Room Tip: Seating in the breakfast area can fill up on a busy weekend. For lunch or dinner, Woody's Pub is...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Beautifully clean, cheerful motel. Staff was always smiling and helpful. Our room was on the smallish side, particularly the bathroom and vanity and the bath towels. Beds were wonderfully firm and the linens were great. Breakfast was just ok...the usual waffles, McDonald eggs and sausage. The breakfast lady was outstanding...bright, cheerful and always inquiring about your health, etc...she also circulated picking up used plates, etc. Location was virtually at the end of the I75 on-off ramp. Great seafood and BBQ restaurants within 5 minutes. Stay again in a heartbeat!!!

Room Tip: View improves as you go up.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed here because my parents said it was nice that is the ONLY reason I would have stayed here. It took forever to get checked in, the girl at the front desk was to busy talking to another traveler about her day and his day and his life while we just stood there for over 10 mins. We got our keys, our room was on the 4th floor, my parents on the 2nd. Upon entering the room, I opened up the curtains to discover black mold along the base of the window (not a little bit but from the edge of the window frame to the other edge). That was all it took and I was out of there, I went to my parents room and they came up looked and said they would swap with us. We moved down to the 2nd floor where we discovered a room that apparently was supposed to be 70's chic, NOT the green walls were out dated, the yellowy light bulbs were horrible it was like living with the old fashioned yellow bug lights. UPDATES NEEDED!!!! Change the paint color and the faux leather upholstery around the base of the beds needs to go. Oh how I wanted to leave and go over to the Hampton INN, I got very little sleep and never went down to the lobby for our "complimentary breakfast" I just wanted the night to be over and everyone up and ready so we could get out of this place. Seriously REMODEL the rooms, they need up dating and a good cleaning!!

Room Tip: Stay over at the Hampton Inn on the other side of the street, prior to this trip down I have stayed...
1  Thank Michelle52070
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Most of this property has been remodeled. It sits right on the Manatee River - very pretty. Anne greeted us and provided exceptional service throughout our stay. It was a very busy weekend with soccer teams, hockey teams, and a dog show. Dogs, kids and adults all seemed to enjoy their stay. Great job Anne!

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room that has been remodeled.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a wonderful time. I would like to begin with saying the room was extremely clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk clerk, Sheri, was waiting at the door for me when I arrived and greeted me with a smile. She then reccomended that we eat at Woody's Roo Bar, which was very good. Clean and Friendly with a beautiful view. I would reccomend Sleep Inn of Ellenton to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Robert H
Matthew S, Marketing Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Robert, it was a pleasure hosting you and we'll see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area
Red Roof Inn Ellenton
#4 of 4 in Ellenton
Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton? Share your experiences!