“WOW, SPOTLESS”

Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This sleep inn really wowed me. My room 303 was spotless, and beautifully decorated. I can not believe they are going to remodel these already beautiful rooms. Kudos to the owner for keeping on top of things from housekeeping to the free breakfast area which was also spotless. I only stayed 2 nights while the motorcycle races were going on so prices were a little higher than norm but I would definitely return. I dont want to leave out how friendly and courteous the staff was as well. Breakfast included some items not usually on the continental list like fruit, eggs and sausage for muffins, fresh waffles, and yogurt. Woodys restaurant is right next door for lunch and dinner choices.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Violet G
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Hi Violet G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are lucky to have a wonderful staff at the Hotel and I will be sure they see your comments. Thanks, again!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Rooms were on small size. Bathroom door stuck, so you had to really shove to get it open. A couple of lighting fixtures not working. Left early in the morning for the beach and came back around 2:30pm and room was not cleaned....we went to pool for hour+ and room still not cleaned. Maid said it had been cleaned in the morning.....and did we have someone else staying in it??

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 96donna
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed at this Sleep Inn for one night on 10/26/13 as part of many involved in a baseball tournament being held one exit to the south. I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary based on the price, but was I surprised.

I have to give major kudos to Anne the woman working at the front desk. She was so helpful, patient and sweet. We had tons of young boys, ages 7-9 with us (quite rowdy) and she didn't let it phase her at all. We had freshly baked cookies greeting us after our first day of competition. What a treat!

I had tons of questions and Anne never once made me feel like I was inconveniencing her. She is one of the best I have seen in her position in a long time. Great personality and very helpful.

Just a warning though, the hotel is in a middle of a renovation if that is a concern to anyone, but it wasn't to us. They only had one set of washers/dryers set up because of this. I usually don't do laundry when traveling, but because the boys only had one uniform for two days of games, we all had to do laundry, but I think for the most part we combined it into a couple of loads so it wasn't an issue. Also, the web site says there is a fitness center. Not any more :) They have done away with this in the remodel. I was planning on using it and was a little disappointed, but then I ended up not having time to work out so it didn't matter.

Breakfast was a little bit more than I expected for a Sleep Inn. They had eggs and sausage and the Belgium waffle maker along with the normal breakfast items so the kids enjoyed this too.

If you want a nice view, ask for a room on the backside of the hotel. It overlooks the Manatee River.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here 10/19/13 for one night, and it was very clean, lovely view, quiet and pleasant. Had not one problem and really enjoyed my stay. Good restaurants nearby, friendly check in staff. Bed was very comfortable. Enjoyed the HBO a lot. All in all, more than worth the money for my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

You can tell that the Management and staff really go the extra mile at this place. The swan shaped towels with the mints in the room the supersize sleep inn breakfast. They had a little of every thing. I stay in a lot of choice hotels I know the drill and they exceed the standards. It started at check in I arrived hours early my only hope was to pay for the room in advance because the fishing trip I had planned would run well into the night and I wanted to make sure they knew I was coming even if I did not show up till 2am. They had a room available and checked us in. We did not arrive at the room until late that nigh but Were pleasantly surprised by the extra touches clean room even the chairs out by the river were a nice touch. If I had not been so worn out I would have dropped a line in that river to see what kind of fish lurked below. For those with the cup half empty attitude about the renovations. I look at it like this at least they care enough to renovate and you know that they are keeping things clean and updated for you. I loved the spaceship showers. That is what we called them. Overall I had an amazing night and morning at this hotel. A cool Fishing trip to the Sunshine Skyway pier with my grown children. I want to add a personal thank you to the staff and management for all your hard work. Great Job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Diamond member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay in Choice properties frequently, of which Sleep Inn is one. This motel provided a comfortable stay.

My room - with 2 queen beds - was the typical Sleep Inn format room - decent workspace, flat screen TV, and, in this case, a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. The room was also quiet - when in the hall, I could hear noise from the room across the hall, but it didn't carry into my room or disturb me in any way. Check in and check out were both handled efficiently. There is ample parking available.

A free breakfast is available off the lobby, serving various simple pastries, cereal, and make-your-own waffles. I did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on the quality or freshness.

The hotel itself is a little tricky to get to. While it is easily visible from I-75, it's nestled in a somewhat woodsy areas, and one has to navigate to a road behind a strip of stores and double back towards the highway to get to the hotel. Follow your instincts after you exit I-75 and you should be able to get there OK.

There are various discounts available at the hotel brand website, including senior and AAA, and association discounts are also available to members of various organizations provided you have the organization's discount number. Choice Hotels also runs frequent promotions where it is fairly simple to earn free nights, even if you are not a frequent traveler. Definitely worth checking out.

One minor issue was worth noting. This hotel is 4 story and has interior corridors. Primary access is through the main lobby, but there are access doors at the ends of the first floor corridors, allowing guests to enter the building without transiting the lobby. These have locks that can be opened using the guest room key, but on my stay, I found that the door I entered through did not lock properly. Adjacent to that door, and behind the interior stairwell door, was another exit door - without a card key lock - and this door was not secure either. This means that anyone could have entered the building without a key or without being noticed by the front desk. The security risk then becomes that of a motel without outside corridors - probably not a big deal to most people, but I mention it here for the benefit of those who choose hotels with interior corridors for reasons of security.

Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Sept. 5th. They are in the process of renovating the lobby which was a slight inconvenience. They were trying to set the floor tiles and we had to walk around the areas of the floor they were working on. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area
#4 of 4 in Ellenton
Comfort Inn Near Ellenton Outlet Mall
Hampton Inn & Suites Bradenton Downtown Historic District
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bradenton at I-75

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton? Share your experiences!