Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area(Ellenton)(Great Value!)
$67
$54
$60
  • Pool
$64
All reviewsroom was cleanfun restaurantanna maria islandstarting to show its agefreshly baked cookieschoice privilegespet friendly placec worked wellroad noiseoutlet mall and restaurantsnice view of the riverwaffle machinefront desk clerkone night staygreat showernice place to staychecking in
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here 10/19/13 for one night, and it was very clean, lovely view, quiet and pleasant. Had not one problem and really enjoyed my stay. Good restaurants nearby, friendly check in staff. Bed was very comfortable. Enjoyed the HBO a lot. All in all, more than worth the money for my stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

You can tell that the Management and staff really go the extra mile at this place. The swan shaped towels with the mints in the room the supersize sleep inn breakfast. They had a little of every thing. I stay in a lot of choice hotels I know the drill and they exceed the standards. It started at check in I arrived hours early my only hope was to pay for the room in advance because the fishing trip I had planned would run well into the night and I wanted to make sure they knew I was coming even if I did not show up till 2am. They had a room available and checked us in. We did not arrive at the room until late that nigh but Were pleasantly surprised by the extra touches clean room even the chairs out by the river were a nice touch. If I had not been so worn out I would have dropped a line in that river to see what kind of fish lurked below. For those with the cup half empty attitude about the renovations. I look at it like this at least they care enough to renovate and you know that they are keeping things clean and updated for you. I loved the spaceship showers. That is what we called them. Overall I had an amazing night and morning at this hotel. A cool Fishing trip to the Sunshine Skyway pier with my grown children. I want to add a personal thank you to the staff and management for all your hard work. Great Job.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Diamond member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay in Choice properties frequently, of which Sleep Inn is one. This motel provided a comfortable stay.

My room - with 2 queen beds - was the typical Sleep Inn format room - decent workspace, flat screen TV, and, in this case, a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. The room was also quiet - when in the hall, I could hear noise from the room across the hall, but it didn't carry into my room or disturb me in any way. Check in and check out were both handled efficiently. There is ample parking available.

A free breakfast is available off the lobby, serving various simple pastries, cereal, and make-your-own waffles. I did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on the quality or freshness.

The hotel itself is a little tricky to get to. While it is easily visible from I-75, it's nestled in a somewhat woodsy areas, and one has to navigate to a road behind a strip of stores and double back towards the highway to get to the hotel. Follow your instincts after you exit I-75 and you should be able to get there OK.

There are various discounts available at the hotel brand website, including senior and AAA, and association discounts are also available to members of various organizations provided you have the organization's discount number. Choice Hotels also runs frequent promotions where it is fairly simple to earn free nights, even if you are not a frequent traveler. Definitely worth checking out.

One minor issue was worth noting. This hotel is 4 story and has interior corridors. Primary access is through the main lobby, but there are access doors at the ends of the first floor corridors, allowing guests to enter the building without transiting the lobby. These have locks that can be opened using the guest room key, but on my stay, I found that the door I entered through did not lock properly. Adjacent to that door, and behind the interior stairwell door, was another exit door - without a card key lock - and this door was not secure either. This means that anyone could have entered the building without a key or without being noticed by the front desk. The security risk then becomes that of a motel without outside corridors - probably not a big deal to most people, but I mention it here for the benefit of those who choose hotels with interior corridors for reasons of security.

Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Sept. 5th. They are in the process of renovating the lobby which was a slight inconvenience. They were trying to set the floor tiles and we had to walk around the areas of the floor they were working on. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had two double beds room which are not queen. Very small room. The hotel is under construction, so there is a little mess in the first floor. Good service and helpful staff. Needs more information in the website like the size of the beds and let you know in advance if the building is under construction

• Stayed: August 2013