“Extra Special Place”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ellenton
Florida
“Extra Special Place”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

You can tell that the Management and staff really go the extra mile at this place. The swan shaped towels with the mints in the room the supersize sleep inn breakfast. They had a little of every thing. I stay in a lot of choice hotels I know the drill and they exceed the standards. It started at check in I arrived hours early my only hope was to pay for the room in advance because the fishing trip I had planned would run well into the night and I wanted to make sure they knew I was coming even if I did not show up till 2am. They had a room available and checked us in. We did not arrive at the room until late that nigh but Were pleasantly surprised by the extra touches clean room even the chairs out by the river were a nice touch. If I had not been so worn out I would have dropped a line in that river to see what kind of fish lurked below. For those with the cup half empty attitude about the renovations. I look at it like this at least they care enough to renovate and you know that they are keeping things clean and updated for you. I loved the spaceship showers. That is what we called them. Overall I had an amazing night and morning at this hotel. A cool Fishing trip to the Sunshine Skyway pier with my grown children. I want to add a personal thank you to the staff and management for all your hard work. Great Job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
Rowlett, Texas
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a Diamond member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay in Choice properties frequently, of which Sleep Inn is one. This motel provided a comfortable stay.

My room - with 2 queen beds - was the typical Sleep Inn format room - decent workspace, flat screen TV, and, in this case, a small fridge and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. The room was also quiet - when in the hall, I could hear noise from the room across the hall, but it didn't carry into my room or disturb me in any way. Check in and check out were both handled efficiently. There is ample parking available.

A free breakfast is available off the lobby, serving various simple pastries, cereal, and make-your-own waffles. I did not eat breakfast so I cannot comment on the quality or freshness.

The hotel itself is a little tricky to get to. While it is easily visible from I-75, it's nestled in a somewhat woodsy areas, and one has to navigate to a road behind a strip of stores and double back towards the highway to get to the hotel. Follow your instincts after you exit I-75 and you should be able to get there OK.

There are various discounts available at the hotel brand website, including senior and AAA, and association discounts are also available to members of various organizations provided you have the organization's discount number. Choice Hotels also runs frequent promotions where it is fairly simple to earn free nights, even if you are not a frequent traveler. Definitely worth checking out.

One minor issue was worth noting. This hotel is 4 story and has interior corridors. Primary access is through the main lobby, but there are access doors at the ends of the first floor corridors, allowing guests to enter the building without transiting the lobby. These have locks that can be opened using the guest room key, but on my stay, I found that the door I entered through did not lock properly. Adjacent to that door, and behind the interior stairwell door, was another exit door - without a card key lock - and this door was not secure either. This means that anyone could have entered the building without a key or without being noticed by the front desk. The security risk then becomes that of a motel without outside corridors - probably not a big deal to most people, but I mention it here for the benefit of those who choose hotels with interior corridors for reasons of security.

Overall, a decent stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on Sept. 5th. They are in the process of renovating the lobby which was a slight inconvenience. They were trying to set the floor tiles and we had to walk around the areas of the floor they were working on. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had two double beds room which are not queen. Very small room. The hotel is under construction, so there is a little mess in the first floor. Good service and helpful staff. Needs more information in the website like the size of the beds and let you know in advance if the building is under construction

• Stayed August 2013
Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have stay at the Ramada Inn in Ellenton before. This time we decided to stay at the Sleep Inn Riverfront. The desk staff was superior and exceptionally friendly to boot. The room was clean and had a small refrigerator. We were shipping some furniture between Florida and Texas and we were worn out. I had to make a trip back to the house, bank, and visit the gas station before we left for Texas. The desk staff offered us a late check out so we could get everything done without me having to ask for the late check. I call that exceptional service in taking care of the guest needs. I have no problem highly recommending the Sleep Inn Riverside to anyone staying in Ellenton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank walt_wbargranch
Merideth M, Marketing Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are thrilled we were able to make your trip a little easier and hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thanks again!
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel staff is great, especially the Assistant Manager-Martha. She is friendly, helpful, accommodating, always smiling, just wonderful! I have had nothing but wonderful experience here. I call this my second home. Housekeeping does a thorough job, the rooms are clean, the hotel atmosphere is just inviting. They bake cookies in the early evenings, and they are just delicious.

My mother and I definitely recommend this hotel. Whether you are staying for just a night or several nights like my and my mother. Thank you, for a wonderful experience!

Frank Hallock

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I will be sure to pass your comments on to Martha. We have enjoyed having you stay with us!
Naples
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This was a fairly good stay. Our room was clean. Hotel right by the interstate but you hear no interstate noise, right across from the outlet mall. Bathroom was very big. Breakfast area small and the selection was typical. Would we stay again, yes. Pool was closed til further notice but we didn't plan on using it anyway. Ice machine on our floor didn't work nor did the soda machine. I guess you could say we got what we paid for.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ellenton
Super 8 Ellenton Bradenton Area
Red Roof Inn Ellenton
#4 of 4 in Ellenton
Americas Best Value Inn-Bradenton/Sarasota
Best Western Plus Bradenton Hotel & Suites

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Riverfront - Ellenton? Share your experiences!