“Can't get simple order right”
Review of McDonald's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #35 of 45 Restaurants in Ellenton
Cuisines: Fast Food
East Orlando, FL
“Can't get simple order right”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

I stopped by here, utilizing the drive thru after a visit to the nearby Outlet Mall. I had nothing but a negative experience. First, it was raining, and it took the employees 4 minutes to acknowledge me. It was difficult to place my simple order...a 10 piece chicken nugget combo with coke and a big n tasty combo with an iced tea. Can't get much more simple than that!

Well, all I got from the speaker was silence after I placed the order at their prompt. I was not sure if the order was acknowledged, or even heard. Finally, a crackly voice came on that said "huh?" Assuming this utterance was meant to question my order, I proceeded to order again. I was again met with silence. Since it was pouring rain, and there is no overhang at this location, I decided to just pull forward to the payment window.

The girl at the window seemed about as fast as a sloth. Just watching her hand move from the window back to the register was a painful case of slow motion. Then she gave me the total: $21.22. I said "What?! $21.22 for two combos?" She stared at me, finally commenting that I had ordered a whole bunch of stuff that I did not order. I said "No, that is not my order..." to which she replied "Oh, so you had the big n tasty and the mcnugget." I said "yes." Then she gave me another total: $16.76. Again, it was too high. I asked her to repeat the order, and she said "Two #4, two #10." I said "No, one big n tasty combo, one 10 piece nugget combo." She stared at me, then asked "what to drink?" I said "coke and iced tea." She said "We don't got that." I said "What? You don't have coke or iced tea?" She said "No, we have coke and we have iced tea, but we can't combine them." I said..."OK, I want one coke and one iced tea." Blank state. She said "You still want the combos?" I said "YES." She let out an exasperated sigh and rolled her eyes at me.

Finally, I paid and got the food. I opened the bag. There were two fries in there and two boxes. I thought it was OK, so I drove off. Shame on me. Later, I realized that I had been given a fish sandwich (in a big n tasty box) and a big mac with bacon in the chicken nugget box. At that point, I was too far in the horrendous traffic of the area to turn back. I know this was done in spite since the incorrect items were placed in the correct boxes.

I do not recommend this place to anyone. The servers are slow, rude and incoherent. The management is nonexistent. They can't take a simple order, not can they get it right even after repeating it to me. And the place was practically empty, so it cannot be blamed on them being busy. You are better off going hungry than eating here.

1 Thank gargamel