“I WOULD BOOK IT AGAIN”

Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very nice and clean hotel. i was very surpised how nice the hotel was for the money we spent. we have two small dogs and most hotels put you in the worst rooms they have and charge you cleaning fees. My dog are highly trained and clean, if this room was only for people with pets you wouldn't be able to tell. the staff was extremely friendly and curious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Michael thank you for your kinds words, we appreciate the review. I also have pets and I do know some of the room conditions that I have seen along my travels for pet rooms, so again we do appreciate the review and hope to see you return on your next visit to our beautiful city.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

we-stay-2-days.It-was-enouhg.The-welcome-was-good-but-the-location-near-high-way-and-the-rooms-are-just-enough-for-short-visit.several-mastress-outside-on-the-parking-several-old-beds-armchairs-or-chairs-around-the-pool!We-can-understand-they-try-to-ameliorate-the-comfort-but-for-the-guest-is-not-very-pleasant.Nevertheless-for-the-good-welcome-will-be-back.Other-bad-point-there-is-no-computer-in-self-service.But-there-is-wifi-in-all-rooms

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

We are very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced due to renovations during your stay at our hotel and I also want to thank you for taking time to post this review. Also thank you for your nice comments about the friendly service from the staff, I will pass them along to the staff. We hope to see you again when you are traveling in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

From the start I was wary of this hotel due to our experience when reserving the room on the day we checked in. We called to request one room with our military/dod discount. The desk clerk tried to say that they don't offer the discount. When we started to argue with her and asked for a manager she swore under her breath using the name "Jesus" as a swear word. We hung up and called CHOICE Hotels. They assured us they DO have the discount and booked our reservation.
We checked in to the hotel and went to dinner. Upon our return we went to the room only to discover most of the lights didn't work, there was a fist size hole in the bathroom door where a previous guest had punched it,. the microwave was missing, the phone didn't work, and worst of all, the room had a very bad musty stale smell that set off my asthma. My husband and I went to the front desk and the clerk offered to refund our money. Since it was late at night we said "no" and asked if there was anything else at all. She offered us another room where the light was out over the dressing area. We decided to take it. This room was much much better. The carpeting was clean (it had just been shampooed), furniture was on top of the bed and the bed wasn't made except for the sheets/pillows. I requested clean lennen and we made the beds ourselves. After that, we had a comfortable night.
I can't say much about the breakfast. It's very limited. We didn't use the pool since it was storming the night we came.
As long as you get one of the good rooms you're okay. It's an okay place for a one-night stay.

Room Tip: request rooms facing I-95.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

I first want to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time at our hotel and I also want to thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback. I will try and address each of your issues. I do want to start by telling you that we know that the hotel is not perfect. The property is under new ownership and we are working very hard to get the hotel back where it needs to be. Our owners are not the type of people that can afford to just sweep in and correct all the problems at once due to financial constraints, but we are fixing everything as quickly as we can.

We ALWAYS have a military discount available. We understand and appreciate the service and sacrifice of our military men and women. This was a training issue and I'm very sorry that we messed that up for you. We've addressed this issue with staff. Under previous ownership staff was instructed to not offer discounts on very busy nights. While we do have a "best rate available" on our busy nights, the military discount will always be available. Again, I'm very sorry for our mistake and thank you for your service to our country.

The first room you were sent to was supposed to be out of order for the evening. When we have issues with rooms that cannot be addressed immediately we place the room "Off Market", unfortunately our system only allows this for a week at a time. In this case the room was automatically put back on the market and rented to you in error. Due to your issues we've began checking this list for updates daily to prevent a similar issue for future guests. Without your review we would not have found that so thank you very much.

The second room was also not intended to be rented due to the carpets being shampooed that day, we managed to get the light fixed, and I'm sorry that we had no other rooms to rent to you that night as we were sold out and the prep work for carpet cleaning had not been undone. I'm glad that the remainder of the night turned out well for you.

I do want you to know that we are working as hard as we can and every penny that we make goes right back into the property to make it better and more enjoyable for our guests. We aren't quite there yet, but we'll get there soon. This week alone we've had 40 mattresses, 10 micro fridges, 8 32 inch flat screens, 4 HVAC units and 8 rooms worth of new furniture delivered.

If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you'll give us another chance to earn your business in the future.

Kelly
Quality Inn

Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the second year we have stayed at this motel and it's all about the staff. It is a little bit out of the way from St Augustine proper (about a 5-7 minute ride down 207). The rooms are being redone. Beds are comfy, air is cold, new paint, shower heads ect. Only thing I would like to see is flat screen tvs & espn on the cable. they do have espn2, espn news, espn classic. The rooms are fine though. Pool is nice, breakfast was fine with a bonus of a waffle maker & biscuits with sausage gravy. Really for us this place is about how we are treated. from top to bottom the staff just can't be beat. Smiles everywhere & they make you feel like you have been catered to. A hard thing to find even at places that charge 2-3X as much. Just a great job with customer service & they really should be recognized for all they do. There is no other option for us anytime we are in the the area. Great job Quality Inn Elkton!!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the West side away from I-95.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Many thanks for your kind review. We were glad you chose to stay with us again and I will pass along the nice comments to the staff. We were also happy you noticed some of our improvements. We have many more things to do and will continue to work on them as funds allow. Thanks again for choosing us and we hope you get a chance to come back next time you are in the area.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you need to crash you can't beat this place. Price seemed fair. Not to much going on nearby restuarants ect. I go to Choice properties because of the breakfasts, it saves a lot of time when traveling . Choice hotels always had fantastic hard boiled eggs, not this place they were like rubber and the yolks were full of water . Either they were bad or cooked wrong . The juices were watered down and there were not enough tables for the amount people there. I have a routine when traveling across the country which includes staying exclusively at Choice hotels, this upset the cart this time. I will have read the reviews I guess , something I have never had to do with Choice hotels before.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly G, General Manager at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were glad to hear you feel you got a good value for your stay. Providing a clean, comfortable, and friendly stay at a good value is one of our goals. Sorry our breakfast did not meet your needs. We are working on the egg issue you mentioned. Also you are right, the juice did seem a little watered down. We have put a request in to the vendor to come out and check it out. For dining options next time see the on duty desk clerk for a map to nearby places to eat. Hope if you are in the area again you will stay again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was a very good stay and the room was just right. The breakfast was very good. The night clerk was on top of her game with fanatic service. She knew where all of the good places to eat was located and the local attractions.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast along with the friendly service. Please see us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Terrible is a good word.We stayed at 5 different motels in our trip. We stayed at a rundown old motel owned and operated by an Indian couple. And it was a much better experience. our stay at Quality inn was OVERPRICED to say the least.
average cost 59.00
add k9 10.00
our price 104.00 outrageous There is no excuse for this sort of treatment for a 2nd rate motel. 2nd rate? we were given the wrong room number, shower curtain rod fell apart. and over charged for the room.
terrible seems like the appropriate word.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Marianne J
Kelly G, Owner at Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

I want to start by saying that we are really sorry that you weren't satisfied with your stay. We are new owners of the hotel, since January, and while we know it is far from perfect the items you mentioned are unacceptable.

We have reinforced with front desk staff to verify the room number before sending guests down. This is the first time we've experienced the issue but we want to make sure that future guests don't experience the same thing. I know first hand that it is painful to unload all your luggage and go to a room only to find out that you were given the wrong room. I'm really sorry about that.

The hotel business is a never ending maintenance game. We are working on getting better preventative maintenance programs going at the hotel and we will get there with time. Our maintenance staff has been very busy since we purchased the hotel but we should have caught the problem with the shower curtain during our room checks or during housekeeping cleaning. I'm also sorry about this but also want to thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We had a new shower rod installed by 1pm on April 6th, the day you checked out.

As for the room rate, I've looked back on your folio and the rate was $85.90 + $10.00 pet fee + taxes. From time to time during big events our rates are raised. The hotel business is a supply and demand business when demand is very high the rooms are a little more expensive. The room you checked into was one of the only rooms we had left at 11pm when you arrived and I assure you that we were far less expensive than other hotels in the area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We have a lot of work to do to get this property where we want it to be and we are working very hard on that. Again, I'm very sorry you were unsatisfied with our hotel.

Randal
Quality Inn Elkton, FL

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Smart Stay Inn of St. Augustine
#9 of 78 in St. Augustine
Quality Inn Outlet Mall
Quality Inn Outlet Mall
#35 of 78 in St. Augustine

Been to Quality Inn Elkton - St. Augustine South? Share your experiences!