“will return when back in the area!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Edgewater
Pembroke Pines Fla
“will return when back in the area!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

the service from the staff that we had contact with was very friendly , helpful and courteous from the moment we checked in to checkout. Rooms were clean and comfortable and spacious. Will stay again!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Raymond,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 386-427-7101.

BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
Southport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Very pleasant receptionist,good parking, dinky little pool to ourselves. Quiet room to rear, well furnished and equipped, really comfortable bed, best sleep for ages! OK continental breakfast with random omelette and sausage microwaved individually. Thought it quite expensive for BW.

Room Tip: Located on US1 so I'm guessing front rooms could be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SagaBoy13
BwedgewaterInn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Clean, convenient, relatively inexpensive, minutes to the beautiful beach at New Smyrna Beach. Room includes fridge and microwave. According to my travel companion (i.e. Mom) the coffee in the room and the little coffee maker were no good. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I'll take her word for it. Continental breakfast looked good too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
BwedgewaterInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, September 6, 2012

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We just completed a 3 night stay at the BW Edgewater Inn. We travel to Edgewater about 3 times a year to see family and generally stay at the All Suite Motel. Although old and very plain, we find it clean, comfortable and very affordable. This time we wanted a pool and internet services so we opted for the BW Edgewater Inn. Upon arrival I noted the pool was out of service. The desk clerk advised that the pool was closed for maintenance on the day we arrived but would reopen the next day. Later, we found this information to be patently untrue. The pool was closed for some time before we arrived and would be closed until a parts delivery some time in the future. At check out, I asked the manager if he didn't feel some obligation to inform me the pool would be closed during my stay. Totally unapologetic, he gave my a $50 credit towards my bill but said if the pool was going to be an issue, I should not have checked in or checked out early. I should say I don't believe the motel had more than 10 guests the entire period of my stay. Rather than questioning my judgement, the manager might have apologized and offered the credit up front as well as a room upgrade but apparently they are not interested in repeat business. Were it not for his attitude, I would not mention that the internet was so slow to be hardly usable and the so called included breakfast was barely eatable. One can really find better lodging options in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank TennisBumMiami
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

we stayed for 1 night on Wednesday 30th May, the hotel is very easy to find although set back off the road. The receptionist was extremely helpful and she gave us maps and directions of where to eat. The room was spacious and clean, the bed large and comfortable. Although a non smoking room you could smell what i thought was a cigarette smell, whether this was just coming in from the corridor or maybe a previous guest was a smoker, but it didn't smell as fresh as i'd expect for non smoking (but not a big issue).
Breakfast was included with our room price and consisted of danishes, toast, cereal, yoghurt, fruit, scones, sausage meat and poached egg, tea or coffee and juice. This was served i think 6:30 - 9:30.
The hotel had a pool but we didn't get to use this.
New Smyrna Beach was only a short drive where you could find a small selection of eateries.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hunbun81
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We found this hotel in the AAA book. We found our experience very satisfying. It's about a mole east of I-95. The hotel is about 20 miles south of Daytona Beach. The grounds and the interior are weel maintained. The full breakfast options were great. A block from the hotel is a Winn-Dixie and other stores including a liquior store.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BwedgewaterInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, April 6, 2012

Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Mr. J. J. Patel and his staff are the best we've encountered in our 43 years of traveling in our great country. My husband and I have traveled out west and up and down the eastern seaboard and have found none better but quite a few that we will never visit again. The Best Western (et. al.) at one time, was a chain that we would not ever use (again). Bad innkeepers, bad facilities. But have times changed!!! J.J. (as he wants his guests to call him), is the best at keeping his Hotel clean, comfortable, and with enough amenities to keep his guests happy during an overnight stay or several days. This is are second visit and won't be our last. His employeed are happy with J.J. too. We saw the same wonderful staff members this past week that we met last summer. In my opinion, that pretty much says it all.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy S
BwedgewaterInn, Manager at BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
Dear Nancy,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. I did mail your luggage yesterday in ground shipping. Cost for shipping is not charged on your credit card.

BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewater
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN New Smyrna Beach Ho...
#2 of 15 in New Smyrna Beach
Islander Beach Resort
Islander Beach Resort
#5 of 15 in New Smyrna Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 200 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!